3rd Line IT Analyst
- Job Reference
- Job Copy
3rd Line Analyst- Colchester
Are you a passionate and experienced individual who is looking to progress into an infrastructure position? Great opportunity to join one of the UKs fastest growing healthcare providers working with the in house IT team in the position of Third Line Analyst.
The role will involve monitoring, managing and maintaining RCS’s network infrastructure, administration of email, SAN, VM environment and administration of IT management applications. The role will also act as a point of escalation for the internal IT Service Desk, Remote Support, and Project teams. This will necessitate the participation in an On-call rota to cover Evenings and Weekends for P1 incidents.
The role requires working closely with our third parties support companies to ensure problems are dealt with and all parties work effectively together. Additionally, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring IT adheres to best practice and ITIL disciplines such as Change Management, Problem Management, Capacity Management and Availability Management.
Care UK proudly has one of the highest quality ratings in the sector, with 86% of our homes rated Good and Outstanding. Delivering the highest quality of care and fulfilling lives is at the heart of what we do. Due to the success of our new build projects, we have successfully built and opened 31 new build homes over the past five year making us the UKs fifth largest healthcare provider. We work with integrity and people are at the heart of what we do.
- Maintain existing Care UK Network & Server Infrastructure
- Administration of a large Active Directory (12000+ users) and file/folder share permissions
- Administration and Management of a hosted VMWare environment
- Patch management and crucial update deployments
- Maintain and monitor data backups of all information and recover data when required.
- Administer and manage Email and Internet gateway solutions.
- Act as a point of escalation for other members of the IT department
- Mentor and develop the knowledge of other IT members whenever possible.
- Create and manage support documentation for all aspect of infrastructure support including, hardware and software knowledge documents.
- Actively manage and monitor the third line call queue and ensure all calls are completed within SLA.
- Offer a proactive approach to IT at all times and take a lead role in driving forward the success of the Care UK IT Team
- Actively partake in project work and tasks as and when required.
- To support infrastructure related projects across Care UK in order to deliver all group and divisional business applications.
- To maintain a thorough understanding of our service offerings, technical preferences and technical direction.
- To obtain the expert knowledge to identify opportunities for change and the ability to convey the need for change
- To recognise areas for internal improvement and develop plans for implementation
- To build expert knowledge in our industry.
- Highly self-motivated with ability to work in high paced environment with tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills - good client facing skills as well as excellent oral and written communication skills
- Recognise areas for internal improvement and develop plans for implementation.
- To tactfully communicate sensitive information to all stakeholders.
- To effectively communicate relevant practice information to superiors and peers in other divisions.
- To communicate effectively with stakeholders to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
Skills and Qualifications
- 4 years plus experience of Windows Server O/S all versions build and administration
- 4 years plus experience of Active Directory, GPO Administration
- 2 years plus experience of Network configuration, TCPIP, DNS, DHCP, WINS.
- 2 years’ experience of Switch and Router and Firewall configuration
- 2 years’ experience of Exchange 2010 configuration and Administration
- 2 years’ experience of VM environments
- 2 years’ experience of deploying & administering Kaspersky Security suite
- ITIL awareness
- Windows OS desktop support and configuration
- Experience of supporting Microsoft Office products
Please click apply below to send an up-to date CV to our recruitment team. If you have any questions please contact Tara on- Tara.Connor@careuk.com
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.