Head of Learning and Development
- Job Reference
- Job Copy
Head of Learning & Development
Care UK is a leading, innovative provider of health and social care services in the UK. The Residential Care division provides care and support to over 7,500 older people in 120 Care homes across the UK. The division continues to grow rapidly, making significant investment in new care homes and enhanced facilities.
With this growth the internal environment is fast paced and continually evolving, providing an excellent opportunity for individuals seeking to make a significant impact.
The Head of Learning & Development will be responsible for the design and implementation of a training, development and leadership strategy for Residential Care Services (RCS) which supports the division’s growth and development plans.
The post holder will work closely with operational and clinical governance managers internally as well as training and education providers externally to ensure the development and delivery of a comprehensive training strategy that ensures we exceed regulatory requirements and support the delivery of clinical and care excellence.
- Produce an effective training and development plan for RCS which ensures that all colleagues receive training in the most appropriate way for their role and that it improves their abilities to provide quality care or service. Implement the plan and monitor progress to ensure that we constantly improve and continue to deliver market leading training initiatives. This strategy will encompass initiatives for:-
Statutory and Mandatory training
Inductions for all colleagues
Specialist care programmes e.g. dementia training
Clinical education and development
Vocational and personal skills training
Leadership and management development
- Assess, design and manage training programmes and initiatives based on organisational needs ensuring RCS meets and exceeds its obligations in the regulatory framework ensuring the quality of both the content and delivery of both in-house and externally sourced training interventions.
Lead the design and implementation of succession and career paths across all roles, ensuring programmes deliver high calibre managers
Ensure our new build programme has a great induction and effective training programmes
- Work with senior operational colleagues to develop a leadership training plan to ensure that managers have the right capabilities to enable them to achieve results through people.
- Manage and develop a team who are responsible for our apprentice programme, new build inductions and e-learning training and ensure that they have credible and in-depth understanding of care and service provision which builds and maintains excellent relationships with operational customers
- Act as RCS’s professional lead and adviser on education, training, development and regulatory requirements to ensure we deliver a credible training solution which is market leading.
- Produce and monitor HR management information / metrics on training compliance and attendance.
It is essential that the post holder has previous experience in creating and implementing a successful and proven leadership training programme ideally in a healthcare settling, alongside a thorough understanding of induction standards. The successful post holder will also be able to demonstrate knowledge of managing effective training programmes through e- learning and also face to face/classroom sessions.
All applicants must be able to travel to Care UKs head office in Colchester, Essex on a weekly basis when required. The role will also involve national travel.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.