- Job Reference
- Job Copy
Maternity cover contract
Care UK is a leading, innovative provider of health and social care services in the UK. The Residential Care division provides care and support to over 7,500 older people in 120 Care homes across the UK. The division continues to grow rapidly, making significant investment in new care homes and enhanced facilities.
With this growth the internal environment is fast paced and continually evolving, providing an excellent opportunity for individuals seeking to make a significant impact.
Reporting into the Head of Regulatory Governance you will be responsible for providing support and advice to Home Managers and Regional Directors to ensure regulation and legislation compliance. Whilst some national travel may be required you will regularly be supporting homes across our South region and so flexibility to travel across the region will be required.
- To work with the operational teams to ensure that opportunities are maximised to achieve a fully compliant CQC/ CI rating within the relevant care homes.
- Ensure updated mandatory training requirements are met.
- To undertake regulatory audits in line with CQC or the Scottish Inspectorate and write reports with actions required.
- To work with homes to achieve and sustain contract compliance with Local Authority and Clinical Commissioning Group contracts.
- To attend safeguarding meetings and support managers in developing actions for change.
- To undertake safeguarding and serious case review investigations as instructed by the Director of Care, Quality and Governance.
- To support the Home Manager following complex safeguarding/serious case review processes, developing quality improvement strategies to ensure the safety and protection of residents.
- To meet new Managers and provide guidance and support on the registration application process and regulatory framework to ensure all registration applications are compiled and submitted in a timely manner.
- To support the new builds team with the registration application for new builds, conduct pre-registration visits, produce a report and share with CQC. Attend all CQC registration visits.
- To monitor statutory notifications and undertake follow up action, liaising with the clinical support team to ensure investigations and learnings.
- To liaise closely with regulatory bodies in order to build effective relationships. To facilitate this and ensure any requests for information are responded to promptly
- To contribute to the ongoing development and review of local policies and procedures required for compliance.
It is essential that the successful post holder has previous experience and detailed knowledge of regulatory framework alongside knowledge of the care sector in particular care home based services. The Governance Manager will also be able to demonstrate sound understanding of quality improvement & governance and its application.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.