HR Manager - Culture & Engagement
- Job Reference
- North and Central London
- Job Copy
HR Manager – Culture & Engagement
12 month fixed term contract
Care UK is a leading, innovative provider of health and social care services in the UK. The Residential Care division provides care and support to over 7,500 older people in 120 Care homes across the UK. The division continues to grow rapidly, making significant investment in new care homes and enhanced facilities.
With this growth we are looking to expand our HR team in creating this new role of HR Manager – Culture and Engagement.
Reporting to the Head of HR, this multi-site role is accountable for improving colleague engagement and supporting the creation of a high performance culture across all homes in the Central London and North London Regions.
- Support the launch and embedding of new engagement and culture initiatives, with ops stakeholder input, to improve retention and drive a high performance culture.
- Support with the embedding of the recently re-launched Company Values.
- Work with RDs to communicate and embed plans created from outputs of engagement survey results, exit interviews, stay interviews, regularly reviewing and communicating activities and results.
- Provide insight from Operations to shape the requirements in areas such as management development, reward and recognition.
- Drive recognition (GEM) across operations, providing internal communications with success stories for communication in the company newsletter, driving a culture of engagement and recognition.
- Ensure all new starters receive appropriate induction and training to set them up for success and that regular reviews are in place to monitor and support colleagues.
- Ensure Stay and Exit Interviews are taking place for new starters after their first 90 days and all leavers.
- Ensure appraisal/supervision meetings are taking place and colleagues have career plans in place where appropriate.
- Delivering training on a range of people management topics i.e. Appraisals, Capability/Performance Management.
- Support homes by running HR Surgeries/Listening Groups and ensure that actions are followed up by the appropriate stakeholders.
- Ensure that every home has an effective Colleague Voices Representative who will support with the engagement activities.
- Agree success measures with Operations and Head of HR.
Skills & experience required:
- Proven experience in colleague engagement, development and recognition within an operational environment
- Ability to manage both the commercial business objectives and HR agenda in order to achieve the most appropriate outcomes for the business and HR
- Proven written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to plan and prioritise effectively utilising the full level of resource options available to achieve own and business objectives
- Well-developed analytical skills to evaluate, assess and interpret trends in order to support and develop business plans
- Ability to identify creative solutions to problems and people challenges
- Under pressure, ability to maintain high levels of energy and resilience to "make things happen"
- Flexible and able to adapt to change quickly
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.