Regional Clinical Lead
- Job Reference
- North region
- Job Description
- Job Copy
Regional Clinical Lead Nurse
Reports to: Lead Quality Development Manager
Location: Home based with regional travel, predominantly covering the North West, North East, North Central and Scotland regions
As a Regional Clinical Lead you will be providing the Regional Director with a business partner support service to deliver care & clinical support in homes which have been identified as being a priority.
- To lead, support and develop the teams within the Homes to achieve excellence in care in line with their service improvement plan.
- To be a key member of the Quality and Governance Team providing professional input into decisions to develop and enhance the work of Care UK.
- To directly support the Regional Director (RD) and their home managers (HM) in the overall delivery of high quality care services as recognised through external regulation ratings.
- To support the RD and HMs to achieve service improvements across all targeted care & clinical areas and achieve the expected standards of service and resulting outcomes.
- To measure and report progress against the targeted clinical and care service improvement plans.
- To provide support, mentoring and role modelling for colleagues in the homes to enable achievement of high quality care & clinical services.
- To support colleagues within our homes to develop the knowledge and expertise required to deliver care in accordance with best practice advice, guidance and policies to ensure effective person centred service delivery.
- To provide clinical and care expertise to any allocated Home.
- To assist RDs and HMs to implement any changes to systems and processes required for the delivery of consistent, high quality care.
- To have a working knowledge of legislation within social and health care settings and be able to support the management teams within our homes implementing and sustaining best practice.
- To liaise with external and internal regulators/ governance in a transparent manner to enable Home Managers to successfully resolve any critical regulatory concerns.
- To maintain confidentiality at all times being mindful of Data Protection and Caldicott Principles and following the Nursing and Midwifery Council Code of Conduct.
- To participate in and contribute to Quality & Governance team meetings, attend Care & Quality team meetings, Regional Meetings and other meetings as directed.
- To organise own workload to meet agreed personal, team and organisation objectives.
- The post holder will also need to have the facility to be based from home and be a car driver with the ability to stay away from home at times.
- NMC nurse with continuous professional development.
- Extensive experience of care delivery, particularly in a care home environment.
- Experience of coaching and mentoring colleagues, therefore excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Experience of meeting regulatory requirements.
- The ability to raise standards with a strong results orientation.
- The ability to cope in difficult situations with tact and diplomacy.
- For this role we are looking for car drivers due to the location and homes the position covers.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.