Relief Manager South
- Job Reference
- Southern England
- Job Copy
•Looking for a company which is growing?
•Passionate about elderly care?
•Looking to be a specialist in your field?
•Flexible with travel and overnight stays?
We are looking for a Relief Manager to cover the South of the UK to join our progressive team. This role is a regionally based position and will involve regular regional travel with some national travel. Our South region includes London, Sussex, Surrey and the surrounding counties, and so you would need to be fully mobile across these areas.
Care UK is a leader in the field of Residential Care. With approximately 120 homes currently in our portfolio and an additional number of brand new care homes to be opened in the next few years we are keen to hear from ambitious and forward thinking Managers looking to embark on an extensive career journey with us.
Why Join Us?
Care UK offers a comprehensive training program for our Managers encompassing many topics such as Managing Business Performance, Effective Project Management and Leading Change. We are growing so quickly we need Managers with the ambition. With high number of brand new state of the art homes being built every year, Care UK is an exciting place to be.
- To provide Home Manager expertise to a specific Care UK care home as required by the business.
- To take responsibility for all aspects of the day to day running of the care home as requested in order to achieve an industry leading standard.
- To take responsibility for working with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide dedicated and focused support for the home requiring temporary support to each nominated home.
- Promote an environment which provides residents with specialised personal care achieved through a process of individual consultation and ensure that standards are delivered and maintained through the effective management of colleagues and achievement of agreed financial targets.
- The role will require regional travel with some national travel and this may involve nights away from home.
Skills and Experience
- NVQ in Management Level 5 or equivalent is essential.
- Experience of working with older people is required as are excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to plan, allocate and delegate work appropriately
- Extensive experience as Home Manager within an elderly residential care or Nursing care environment
- Track record of improving underperforming homes
- Leading staff through change
In return Care UK offers an excellent remuneration package and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career.
•Excellent induction plan
•Company Bonus Scheme
•Company Pension and Life Assurance schemes available
•Access to staff benefits with Next-Jump
•Child care vouchers
•Extensive training and career development opportunities
Care UK is a leader in the field of Residential Care. With over 120 homes currently in our portfolio and an additional number of brand new care homes to be opened over the next few years. We are keen to hear from ambitious and forward thinking Managers looking to embark on an extensive career journey with us.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.