Credit Controller/Accounts Receivable
- Job Reference
- Job Copy
Credit Controller/Accounts Receivable
Fixed term contract to cover maternity
Full time, 37.5 hours per week
Interviews for this role are expected to take place in the first and second week of July
Fantastic opportunity for a competent Credit Control professional to join an award winning, rapidly expanding organisation in our diverse and close knit Credit Control team of 8, within our wider Finance team to cover maternity leave.
Care UK is a leading, innovative provider of health and social care services in the UK. The Residential Care division provides care and supports to over 7000 residents suffering from dementia and related conditions in 120 Care homes across the UK. The division has grown rapidly, making significant investment in enhanced facilities and new Care Homes.
This role is key to ensure that we are providing a robust credit control service for our Care Homes. The post-holder will be required to meet performance targets in order to achieve optimum cash flow through maximising cash collections. Additionally the role will act as a pivotal link for credit control issues and after sales service between Finance, Care Homes, Regional Directors and our Customers.
Excellent communication skills are a prerequisite as the role requires developing positive and effective relationships with divisional and finance stakeholders, in addition to Care Home colleagues. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the ability to work in a high control environment and be able to exhibit excellent customer service skills.
Further growth prospects continue to be strong and the division and group are well placed to take advantage of the opportunities presented to key players in the market. Consequently the internal environment is fast paced and continually evolving, providing an excellent opportunity for individuals seeking to make a significant impact. Excellent benefits and on-site parking.
- Review and regularly correspond with all overdue aged debtors and resolve account disputes to ensure timely settlement of debts due to the company. Liaise with homes and Regional Directors to ensure that queries and outstanding issues are resolved promptly
- To ensure customer reconciliations are regularly performed
- Escalate all bad debt/legal accounts to the Credit Control & Billing Manager
- Ensure all contract debts are collected within contract terms timescales or where disputed are dealt with in accordance with contract terms
- Ensure credit control and systems records are accurate and up to date at all times
- Report on monthly performance, sales ledger credit balances and aged debt issues
- Liaise with customers (including CCGs/NHS Trusts, LAs and privately funded residents) to resolve credit control queries and ensure timely payment
- Liaise with Home Managers and Administrators to ensure they are aware of credit control procedures and pro-actively influence them to enable cash collection opportunities to be maximised
- Operate in a sensitive manner, maintaining excellent relations with internal and external customers
- Assist the Credit Control & Billing Manager in implementing procedure and systems improvements as required
- Provide cover for other members of the department during times of sickness and holidays and undertake any other tasks that may reasonably be expected of the position
- Ensure that all debit bank transactions are looked into and resolved in a timely manner
- Ensure that refunds are processed regularly where required and in a timely manner
- Experience working in a credit control role
- Team player
- Excellent communication skills verbal and in writing
- Experience or knowledge within the care industry is desirable
- Experience using Agresso is also desirable
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.