Deputy Manager Care
- Job Reference
- Job Description
- Job Copy
Are you an organised, methodical individual who is passionate about delivering positive change? At Care UK you can build a fast-moving nursing career whilst help our residents fulfil their lives. The team at Asterbury Place in Ipswich have a great opportunity for a passionate and hands on person to join the home as deputy manager.
What you’ll do
- Supporting and deputising for the Home Manager, you will provide inspiring leadership to nursing and care colleagues and oversee the delivery of high quality clinical and pastoral care.
- You will focus on residents with complex needs, so it’s vital that you can conform with the latest guidelines, take far-reaching decisions and maintain the highest levels of clinical governance, whilst regularly auditing practices and procedures
- Care plan development and assessments
- Walk rounds
- Look after all our residents alongside the team and offer personalised centred care.
Who you are
- You will be keen to develop your leadership skills and clinical knowledge, capable of building close relationships with residents and their families, and determined to drive continuous improvement.
Who we are
Care UK are a multi award winning company who have recently been voted the UKs Best Residential Care Provider of the year: people are our passion and are at the heart of what we do. We are an honest and caring company who look for passionate individuals who care as deeply as we do.
Due to our highly personal and patient-centred approach we have seen rapid growth. We are one of the UKs leading independent healthcare providers who have a progressive new build project where we will see over 15 new build homes open across the country to add to our current portfolio of over 120 homes across the UK in offering expert residential, nursing, dementia and end-of-life care for older people
What we offer
Access to a company paid web based system for your PIN revalidation (if applicable)
Bank holiday enhancements
Paid DBS check
Cycle to work scheme
Thousands of online and in-store discounts
Further training and qualifications
Development and progression
Support, guidance and a caring working environment
- Where you'll work
Asterbury Place care home provides personalised residential and nursing care for older people 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The care home on Aster Road in South Ipswich also delivers residential dementia care for older people living with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia.
Everything the dedicated team at Asterbury Place do is focused on enabling residents to enjoy a fulfilling life, whatever their needs and abilities. We work with them and the rest of their family to find out all we can about their life stories, interests and preferences so that we can create care and activity plans that will meet and exceed their needs.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.