Operational Support Manager South
- Job Reference
- South UK
- Job Copy
- Looking for a company which is growing?
- Passionate about elderly care?
- Looking to be a specialist in your field?
- Flexible with travel and overnight stays?
We are looking for an Operational Support Manager to cover the South and to join our progressive team. Our South division covers London, Surrey, Sussex, Kent, Hampshire and Dorset, and you would need to be fully mobile across these geographies.
Care UK is a leader in the field of Residential Care. With approximately 120 homes currently in our portfolio and an additional number of brand new care homes to be opened in the next few years we are keen to hear from ambitious and forward thinking Managers looking to embark on an extensive career journey with us.
Why Join Us?
Care UK offers a comprehensive training program for our Managers encompassing many topics such as Managing Business Performance, Effective Project Management and Leading Change. We are growing so quickly we need Managers with the ambition. With over 10 brand new state of the art homes being built every year, Care UK is an exciting place to be.
- To take responsibility for working with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide dedicated and focused support to Care UK homes across the estate to maintain and develop consistent and high quality care and levels of service, whether the home is working through a development plan, is in transition or part of a new build program.
- To provide Home Manager expertise to a specific Care UK care home as required by the business.
- Manage as necessary any key projects as determined by the Regional Director.
- As an OSM you will be in effect a Deputy Regional Director, and will provide relief for home managers, and lead support and coaching across the business.
Skills and experiences
- NVQ in Management Level 5 or equivalent is essential.
- Experience of working with older people is required as are excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to plan, allocate and delegate work appropriately
- Extensive experience as Home Manager within an elderly residential care or Nursing care environment
- Previously experience of home turnaround and crisis management
In return Care UK offers an excellent remuneration package and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career.
- Competitive pay
- Excellent induction plan
- Company Bonus Scheme
- Company Pension and Life Assurance schemes available
- Extensive training and career development opportunities
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.