- Job Reference
- North Shields
- Job Description
- Post Code
- NE29 0LF
- Job Copy
Are you an organised, methodical individual who is passionate about delivering positive change? At Care UK you can build a fast-moving career whilst help our residents fulfil their lives. The team at Collingwood Court in North Shields have a great opportunity for a passionate and hands on person to join the home as deputy manager.
What you’ll do
- Supporting and deputising for the Home Manager, you will provide inspiring leadership to nursing and care colleagues and oversee the delivery of high quality clinical and pastoral care.
- You will focus on residents with complex needs, so it’s vital that you can conform with the latest guidelines, take far-reaching decisions and maintain the highest levels of clinical governance, whilst regularly auditing practices and procedures
- Care plan development and assessments
- Walk rounds
- Look after all our residents alongside the team and offer personalised centred care.
Who you are
- You will be keen to develop your leadership skills and clinical knowledge, capable of building close relationships with residents and their families, and determined to drive continuous improvement.
Who we are
- Care UK are a multi award winning company who have recently been voted the UKs Best Residential Care Provider of the year: people are our passion and are at the heart of what we do. We are an honest and caring company who look for passionate individuals who care as deeply as we do.
- Due to our highly personal and patient-centred approach we have seen rapid growth. We are one of the UKs leading independent healthcare providers who have a progressive new build project where we will see over 15 new build homes open across the country to add to our current portfolio of over 120 homes across the UK in offering expert residential, nursing, dementia and end-of-life care for older people
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Access to a company paid web based system for your PIN revalidation (if applicable)
- Bank holiday enhancements
- Paid DBS check
- Cycle to work scheme
- Thousands of online and in-store discounts
- Free uniform
- Further training and qualifications
- Development and progression
- Support, guidance and a caring working environment
- Where you'll work
We offer a friendly service tailor made around each resident's unique needs.
Conveniently located close to local amenities, Collingwood Court is a modern, purpose-designed care home in Chirton, North Shields. We provide personalised residential and respite care for older people, including individuals with Alzheimer's and other types of dementia. We also offer supportive and sensitive end of life care.
Our person-centred approach focuses on really getting to know each resident so that we can provide care that's tailored to their needs and interests. We're very family-orientated and meet with relatives regularly to discuss care plans and make decisions together.
Collingwood Court includes a day club for older people living in the local area. Day club members and residents spend time socialising and all of our activities, outings and events are available to day guests. We work hard to maintain residents' links to the community and we're involved with lots of local groups and organisations.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.