- Job Reference
- Shinfield, Berkshire
- Job Description
- Post Code
- RG2 9EH
- Job Copy
Care UK is one of the highest rated and fastest growing healthcare providers in the country: delivering the highest quality of care and fulfilling lives is at the heart of what we do! Due to the success of our new build projects, we have successfully built and opened 31 new build homes over the past five years, and will be continuing that growth for years to come.
We are currently looking for an experienced, professional and highly personable Home Manager to join our brand new home in Shinfield, Berkshire. The ideal Home Manager will be passionate and experienced in the world of healthcare; a proven manager who can confidently demonstrate effective leadership and management, putting care and residents first.
At Care UK everyone makes a difference. We like to think we have a rare culture, where we are open, honest and highly supportive of one another. We are proud to have received several awards for our commitment to delivering an outstanding level of residential and nursing care, with a real focus on engagement with residents, families and staff.
Why choose us?
- We are experts in our fields, with over 120 homes and day clubs across the UK, providing expert respite, residential, nursing, dementia and end-of-life care for older people.
- Our person centred approach has seen us enjoy rapid growth, allowing us to translate this into our people development, offering exceptional career opportunities to our employees.
- We provide comprehensive training in topics such as managing business performance, systems training, leading projects and driving change
- We offer one of the best benefits packages in the market including a generous bonus, competitive pension and life assurance schemes.
- Experienced in caring for older people
- A capable and confident in leader, with the driven and interest to grow and shape a team
- Experienced in managing a successful home or services in healthcare
- Confident in your knowledge of CQC regulations
- Compassionate and capable in embedding your own culture
- Passionate about delivering first class care
- A positive leader and motivator
- Capable of hitting the ground running. From your first day you will demonstrate a clear vision of the future and will deliver added value services that make us indispensable to our residents and unequalled in our sector
We will need you start 6 months before the home opens.
- Where you'll work
Our brand new care home in Shinfield, near Reading, opens in June and will provide high quality care for older people in stunning surroundings.
At Care UK, we take the view that moving into a care home is just another part of life. So every aspect of our Shinfield care home has been designed to support your loved one to enjoy each day in the way they want. Here you’ll discover a café, a hair and beauty salon, a bar and a cinema, plus beautiful lounges and activity rooms – all for your loved one to use whenever they wish.
Living each day to the full
Our lifestyle team will organise an array of group and one-to-one activities, entertainment and events, all tailored to your loved one’s interests and preferences. Living at our Shinfield care home will be all about maintaining independence and keeping active, whether that’s taking part in new hobbies and exercise, or helping our team in the garden and around the home.
Actively involved in care
Our dedicated and caring team will provide permanent and short-term nursing, residential and dementia care, so even if your loved one’s needs change over time, they can continue to live here, cared for by people they know and trust. All care will be person-centred, which means it’s personalised to your loved one’s needs, preferences and wishes.
Room to relax
Each of the bedrooms at our care home in Shinfield will have an en-suite wet-room, 24-hour nurse call system and flat screen TV, and will be beautifully furnished. Some will even have direct garden access. Your loved one will be free to personalise their room however they wish.
The home will also incorporate the latest dementia design thinking, particularly on our dedicated dementia suite, with signage, lighting, colour schemes and themed areas all designed to support residents to move around the home safely and independently.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.