- Job Reference
- Job Description
- Post Code
- PO8 9LN
- Job Copy
Are you an organised, methodical nurse who is passionate about delivering positive change? At Care UK you can build a fast-moving nursing career whilst help our residents fulfil their lives. The team at Pear Tree Court near Waterlooville have a great opportunity for a passionate and hands on nurse to join the home as clinical deputy manager.
What you’ll do
- Supporting and deputising for the Home Manager, you will provide inspiring leadership to nursing and care colleagues and oversee the delivery of high quality clinical and pastoral care.
- You will be the homes nurse expert and your role will be a combination of utilising your nursing skills as well as your managerial and leadership skills
- You will focus on residents with complex needs, so it’s vital that you can conform with the latest guidelines, take far-reaching decisions and maintain the highest levels of clinical governance, whilst regularly auditing practices and procedures
- Care plan development and assessments
- Walk rounds
- Look after all our residents alongside the team and offer personalised centred care.
Who you are
- An NMC Registered Nurse (RGN, RMN or RNLD), you will be well versed in care planning processes and fully familiar with clinical assessment tools.
- You will be keen to develop your leadership skills and clinical knowledge, capable of building close relationships with residents and their families, and determined to drive continuous improvement.
Who we are
- Care UK are a multi award winning company who have recently been voted the UKs Best Residential Care Provider of the year: people are our passion and are at the heart of what we do. We are an honest and caring company who look for passionate individuals who care as deeply as we do.
- Due to our highly personal and patient-centred approach we have seen rapid growth. We are one of the UKs leading independent healthcare providers who have a progressive new build project where we will see over 15 new build homes open across the country to add to our current portfolio of over 120 homes across the UK in offering expert residential, nursing, dementia and end-of-life care for older people
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Access to a company paid web based system for your PIN revalidation
- Bank holiday enhancements
- Paid DBS check
- Cycle to work scheme
- Thousands of online and in-store discounts
- Free uniform
- Further training and qualifications
- Development and progression
- Support, guidance and a caring working environment
- Where you'll work
Pear Tree Court is a stunning new care home in Horndean. Here our dedicated team delivers a full range of quality care services in stunning surroundings.
The services we provide include round-the-clock residential and nursing care, short-term respite care plus specialist dementia care.
Discover personalised care
Every person is different. Which is why the care we provide is person-centred. We put your loved one at the heart of everything we do, involving them, and all your family, in decisions about their care. We support them to make choices about how they live their life.
From the day your loved one joins us, we’ll start getting to know them, so we can be sure that every aspect of their care and lifestyle at Pear Tree Court is tailored to their unique needs, wishes and interests.
Making the most of every day
Everyone at Pear Tree Court is passionate about helping your loved one to get the most out of living in our beautiful home. The home has the latest in luxury facilities, including a café, hair salon and cinema – the home even has its own pub. Our dedicated lifestyle team is here to support your loved one to stay active and independent, enjoying interests and trying new things. Find out more about daily life at Pear Tree Court.
Luxury, comfort and care
Our Horndean care home has 72 en-suite bedrooms over three floors. The home is divided into smaller suites – each with its own lounge, dining room and TV lounge. While every bedroom is beautifully decorated and furnished, your loved one is welcome to bring their own treasured items and small pieces of furniture to feel more at home.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.