- Job Reference
- Job Description
- Post Code
- CO4 9QB
- Job Copy
Are you (AAT/ ACCA) qualified or part-qualified looking for your next opportunity in a growing finance deparment for a leading organisation?
Care UK are looking for a Management Accountant on a full-time, permanent basis to join the team. We are an evolving health and social care company with over 115 care homes throughout England and Scotland.
The Residential Care Reporting Team forms part of the Finance & Commercial function for the division including, financial reporting, management accounting and financial control.
The Management Accountant, reporting to the Senior Management Accountant, will have responsibility for all aspects of financial reporting and control to deliver timely and reliable reporting to senior divisional level management and group finance. The post-holder will be a key team member and on a regular basis, liaising directly with the Divisional Executive team and Operators.
- To play a key role in the preparation of monthly management accounts and supporting analysis to the agreed divisional timetable and is prepared in line with group accounting policy and statutory accounting standards.
- To assist in the drafting of the annual statutory accounts for review by external auditors.
- To provide variance analysis on the monthly management accounts with supporting explanations where necessary.
- To ensure that defined balance sheet accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis and that any areas requiring action are dealt with promptly.
- The ability to continuously and proactively develop reporting as the needs of the business develop.
- To support and contribute to a forecasting / budgeting process.
- Providing regular reporting to influence business performance and efficient cost control across the business. This will include benchmarking of care homes and service types to challenge operational management.
- To assist with the testing and enhancements of internal controls to ensure a robust control environment is maintained at all times.
- To provide financial support to operational colleagues to ensure management information is understood and queries are efficiently and effectively managed
- This list of key responsibilities is not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to undertake other relevant and appropriate duties as reasonably required.
- Part or newly qualified ACCA / CIMA / ACA.
- MS Excel to pivot tables, lookups and ‘if’ statements
- Previous experience in a finance team and a desire to develop.
- Experience of working well under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Previous experience of management accounts preparation and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Previous experience in the residential care sector / service industry is desirable although not essential.
- Knowledge of Agresso is desirable although not essential.
- Good analytical skills with the ability to understand a task as well as perform it.
- Excellent communicator with ability to communicate effectively at all levels; ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide range of personalities
- Ability to demonstrate planning skills to manage time effectively and to meet objectives and deadlines; Able to manage several tasks at any one time.
- Conscientious, high attention to detail with ability to see tasks through to completion and report back on results
- Results and deadline driven; willingness to achieve
- Confident and able to provide help and support to other colleagues and customers/stakeholders
- Able to maintain privacy and confidentiality
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.