Unit Manager Care Bank
- Job Reference
- Eye, Suffolk
- Job Description
- Post Code
- IP23 7BH
- Job Copy
To lead the care team during any allotted span of duty, ensuring that the personal care of the residents is maintained on a daily basis according to individual needs and capabilities.
To actively promote and encourage as much personal independence and choice as possible in the activities of daily living undertaken by the residents within the Nursing Home.
To act as the Company's representative on site, promoting the Company's image and ensuring compliance with all statutory regulations regarding nursing homes
- To ensure that the care, welfare and safety of all residents in the nursing home is of the highest possible standard, taking full responsibility for adherence to statutory regulations.
- To promote and maintain good interpersonal relationships between staff/residents and staff/relatives.
- To be responsible for the admission of any new residents to the Home for the purpose of assessment/evaluation, and establishment of a good mutual relationship.
- To be responsible for a physical/psychological assessment of new residents on admission to Homes.
- To institute individualised nursing care plans according to the nursing process.
- To institute individual therapy plans, in consultation with other health professionals as appropriate.
- To update existing nursing care plans for every resident according to changes in the status of the resident on a daily basis.
- To be aware of psychological change in residents and report such to the Home Manager or Senior Nurse.
- To disseminate any relevant information regarding new or existing residents where appropriate, remembering the principles of confidentiality.
- To be responsible for the safe administration and recording of all medication prescribed by the resident's medical practitioner.
- To be responsible for the custody and safe dispersal of all medication brought into the Home, by either residents or the pharmacist.
- To act as advocate as and when appropriate.
- To liaise with visiting members of the medical and associated professions who may visit the nursing home and record outcome of the same, and ensure that prescribed or recommended treatment is carried out.
- To liaise with relatives as appropriate and record outcome of same.
- To supervise all dietary needs of residents as appropriate and ensure that individual requirements are met as far as possible.
- To ensure a safe and comfortable environment for the residents and to make the nursing home as stimulating and attractive to live in as possible.
- To be responsible for the care and protection of patients' property.
- Observe requirements of the Mental Health Act 1983 where applicable.
- To be familiar with the location of all documents appertaining to statutory requirements that you may be required to show in inspecting bodies.
- To be available at all times to discuss any queries or concerns that anyone wishes to raise within the Home.
- To ensure that confidential information regarding residents, and staff received from the Home Manager is safeguarded.
- To ensure that the welfare, morale and safety of all nursing personnel in the Nursing Home is of the highest standard.
- To be involved in any staff training/teaching orientation programmes as required, and to take an active interest in promoting new concepts of care after consultation with the Home Manager.
- To attend such training programmes/courses as are available and necessary to keep up to date and further existing knowledge.
- To inform the Home Manager of the condition/progress of all residents on a daily basis.
- To seek advice from the Home Manager if in any doubt about policy/procedure to be followed on any untoward occurrence in the nursing home.
- To ensure that the Company's image is projected in the appropriate way, by promoting the professional appearance/manner of all members of the nursing home team.
- It may be necessary to assist in the recruitment of staff for the home as directed by the Home Manager and in accordance with the Company's procedures.
- Maintain efficient control and use of contract, bank and agency staff ensuring that staffing levels are in accordance with Company policy.
- Instigate investigation into complaints or accidents involving residents and/or staff.
- To ensure compliance with all statutory requirements in record keeping, documentation, time, health and safety and security as detailed in the Company's policies.
- Ensure that any non-nursing home personnel including contractors are monitored.
- Ensure that the correct supplies are purchased from the nominated supplier.
- To undertake any specific duties as delegated by the Home Manager on an ad hoc basis.
- Due to the senior nature of this post there will be a requirement to undertake duties which may initially appear to be outside the remit of this job description, and may involve additional working hours. These are to be undertaken on an ad hoc basis as delegated by the Home Manager.
- Where you'll work
Hartismere Place, located in Eye, delivers quality residential, nursing, respite and dementia care for older people.
Hartismere Place is a brand new, purpose-built care home in Eye – an ancient market town in North Suffolk. Everything about the 60-bed home has been designed to support your loved one to continue to enjoy a fulfilling, varied and comfortable lifestyle.
We have a very individual approach at Care UK and spend time getting to know each resident and their family. When we know about each person’s likes and dislikes, their hobbies, life stories and interests, we will design a care plan that’s tailored to their unique needs and requirements.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.