Deputy Manager Clinical
- Job Reference
- Job Description
- Post Code
- SL5 7EG
- Job Copy
Are you an organised, methodical nurse who is passionate about delivering positive change? At Care UK you can build a fast-moving nursing career whilst help our residents fulfil their lives. The team at Larkland House, Ascot have a great opportunity for a passionate and hands on nurse to join the home as clinical deputy manager.
What you’ll do
- Supporting and deputising for the Home Manager, you will provide inspiring leadership to nursing and care colleagues and oversee the delivery of high quality clinical and pastoral care.
- You will be the homes nurse expert and your role will be a combination of utilising your nursing skills as well as your managerial and leadership skills
- You will focus on residents with complex needs, so it’s vital that you can conform with the latest guidelines, take far-reaching decisions and maintain the highest levels of clinical governance, whilst regularly auditing practices and procedures
- Care plan development and assessments
- Walk rounds
- Look after all our residents alongside the team and offer personalised centred care.
Who you are
- An NMC Registered Nurse (RGN, RMN or RNLD), you will be well versed in care planning processes and fully familiar with clinical assessment tools.
- You will be keen to develop your leadership skills and clinical knowledge, capable of building close relationships with residents and their families, and determined to drive continuous improvement.
Who we are
- Care UK are a multi award winning company who have recently been voted the UKs Best Residential Care Provider of the year: people are our passion and are at the heart of what we do. We are an honest and caring company who look for passionate individuals who care as deeply as we do.
- Due to our highly personal and patient-centred approach we have seen rapid growth. We are one of the UKs leading independent healthcare providers who have a progressive new build project where we will see over 15 new build homes open across the country to add to our current portfolio of over 120 homes across the UK in offering expert residential, nursing, dementia and end-of-life care for older people
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Access to a company paid web based system for your PIN revalidation
- Bank holiday enhancements
- Paid DBS check
- Cycle to work scheme
- Thousands of online and in-store discounts
- Free uniform
- Further training and qualifications
- Development and progression
- Support, guidance and a caring working environment
- Where you'll work
Larkland House care home in Ascot provides excellent care in lovely surroundings.
The dedicated and experienced team in our purpose-built care home in Ascot, Berkshire, offers a range of care options for older people, including residential, nursing and respite care including for people living with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia.
Being an established care home, Larkland House has developed a great reputation for delivering the highest standards of care.
Flexibility is important – in caring for older people and in supporting their families and carers. We are very happy to care for people on a short term basis, giving their carers a break so they can enjoy a holiday or just have some time to themselves. Short term care may also be a useful solution if a person is recovering from a stay in hospital and needs more intensive support than their family carers feel they can provide.
There’s lots of space at Larkland House. All our bedrooms are lovely and big and residents are welcome to add their own personal touches to their rooms. We’re even open to people bringing small pets with them.
We’ve recently opened a brand new nursing dementia floor with 14 spacious and beautifully decorated rooms for older people living with dementia. All the rooms are en-suite and have lots of space for relaxing.
Larkland House care home also has beautiful gardens, including a secure area where residents can help out with some gardening if they like, or simply sit and enjoy a cup of tea in the fresh air. We’re in a great semi-rural location but still conveniently close to all of the shops and amenities of Ascot high street.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.