Deputy Manager, Maidenhead
- Job Reference
- Job Description
- Post Code
- SL6 6JE
- Job Copy
Are you an organised, methodical individual who is passionate about delivering positive change? At Care UK you can build a fast-moving career whilst help our residents fulfil their lives. The team at Clara Court, in Maidenhead, have a great opportunity for a passionate and hands on person to join the home as deputy manager.
Please note that this is a residential home, with limited nursing, and so we do not require a registered nurse for this role.
What you’ll do
- Supporting and deputising for the Home Manager, you will provide inspiring leadership to nursing and care colleagues and oversee the delivery of high quality clinical and pastoral care.
- You will focus on residents with complex needs, so it’s vital that you can conform with the latest guidelines, take far-reaching decisions and maintain the highest levels of clinical governance, whilst regularly auditing practices and procedures
- Care plan development and assessments
- Walk rounds
- Look after all our residents alongside the team and offer personalised centred care.
Who you are
You will be keen to develop your leadership skills and clinical knowledge, capable of building close relationships with residents and their families, and determined to drive continuous improvement.
Who we are
- Care UK are a multi award winning company who have recently been voted the UKs Best Residential Care Provider of the year: people are our passion and are at the heart of what we do. We are an honest and caring company who look for passionate individuals who care as deeply as we do.
- Due to our highly personal and patient-centred approach we have seen rapid growth. We are one of the UKs leading independent healthcare providers who have a progressive new build project where we will see over 15 new build homes open across the country to add to our current portfolio of over 120 homes across the UK in offering expert residential, nursing, dementia and end-of-life care for older people
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Access to a company paid web based system for your PIN revalidation (if applicable)
- Bank holiday enhancements
- Paid DBS check
- Cycle to work scheme
- Thousands of online and in-store discounts
- Free uniform
- Further training and qualifications
- Development and progression
- Support, guidance and a caring working environment
- Where you'll work
Clara Court is a modern and welcoming care home with a team that’s dedicated to providing personalised residential care.
Our team offers specialist expertise in supporting individuals who have Alzheimer’s disease or other forms of dementia. We get to know every resident as an individual, so that we can provide care that is truly tailored to their needs. Each resident has their own personalised care plan, as well as a life history book which helps us to understand and appreciate their lifetime experiences.
The quality of care our teams provide and the very friendly and welcoming atmosphere of the home led us to win the Home of the Year Award in 2014 at the Care UK Residential Care Services annual awards. One of the judges said, “You’re made to feel truly welcome from the minute you walk through the door. The team provides care with a smile and treat every resident with respect and dignity.”
We have a number of full time activity co-ordinators, so we’re able to offer residents a wide choice of stimulating and engaging activities, both within the home and in the local area. From gardening to pub lunches and summer outings to the coast, we aim to give residents fulfilling experiences every day, enabling them to continue enjoying lifelong hobbies and interests and even to take up something new.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.