Deputy Manager, St Ives
- Job Reference
- St Ives
- Job Description
- Post Code
- PE27 5EX
- Job Copy
Are you an organised, methodical nurse who is passionate about delivering positive change? At Care UK you can build a fast-moving nursing career whilst help our residents fulfil their lives. The team at Field Lodge, St Ives have a great opportunity for a passionate and hands on nurse to join the home as clinical deputy manager.
What you’ll do
- Supporting and deputising for the Home Manager, you will provide inspiring leadership to nursing and care colleagues and oversee the delivery of high quality clinical and pastoral care.
- You will be the homes nurse expert and your role will be a combination of utilising your nursing skills as well as your managerial and leadership skills
- You will focus on residents with complex needs, so it’s vital that you can conform with the latest guidelines, take far-reaching decisions and maintain the highest levels of clinical governance, whilst regularly auditing practices and procedures
- Care plan development and assessments
- Walk rounds
- Look after all our residents alongside the team and offer personalised centred care.
Who you are
- An NMC Registered Nurse (RGN, RMN or RNLD), you will be well versed in care planning processes and fully familiar with clinical assessment tools.
- You will be keen to develop your leadership skills and clinical knowledge, capable of building close relationships with residents and their families, and determined to drive continuous improvement.
Who we are
- Care UK are a multi award winning company who have recently been voted the UKs Best Residential Care Provider of the year: people are our passion and are at the heart of what we do. We are an honest and caring company who look for passionate individuals who care as deeply as we do.
- Due to our highly personal and patient-centred approach we have seen rapid growth. We are one of the UKs leading independent healthcare providers who have a progressive new build project where we will see over 15 new build homes open across the country to add to our current portfolio of over 120 homes across the UK in offering expert residential, nursing, dementia and end-of-life care for older people
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Access to a company paid web based system for your PIN revalidation
- Bank holiday enhancements
- Paid DBS check
- Cycle to work scheme
- Thousands of online and in-store discounts
- Free uniform
- Further training and qualifications
- Development and progression
- Support, guidance and a caring working environment
- Where you'll work
Field Lodge is a purpose-built care home in St Ives, on the outskirts of this pretty and historic market town in Cambridgeshire.
As soon as you enter Field Lodge care home you’ll notice the lively and welcoming atmosphere. You’ll be greeted by a friendly face at reception and as you explore the ground floor you’ll discover a cinema, hair salon and nail bar, as well as a contemporary coffee shop – perfect for a slice of cake and a chat with loved ones on wet days.
Independence is the key
Our dedicated and experienced Field Lodge care team are passionate about helping residents to continue doing the things they love. Activity and independence are central to life at the home and you will always find a variety of activities going on. There's a purpose-built hobby lounge full of games and arts and crafts materials ready for activities. Plus there's plenty of light, and comfortably furnished and beautifully decorated areas to relax, read, chat to visitors or enjoy the views across the gardens.
Our care teams deliver the very highest quality residential, dementia and nursing care. They get to know your loved one as though they’re one of their own family, and create a personalised care plan that enables your loved one to maintain their independence and enjoy activities based on their lifelong hobbies and interests, or even to try something new.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.