Home Manager, Southampton
- Job Reference
- Job Description
- Post Code
- SO45 5GQ
- Job Copy
Care UK is one of the highest rated and fastest growing healthcare providers in the country: delivering the highest quality of care and fulfilling lives is at the heart of what we do! Due to the success of our new build projects, we have successfully built and opened 31 new build homes over the past five years, and will be continuing that growth for years to come.
We are currently looking for an experienced, professional and highly personable Home Manager to join our home in Hythe, Southampton. The ideal Home Manager will be passionate and experienced in the world of healthcare; a proven manager who can confidently demonstrate effective leadership and management, putting care and residents first.
At Care UK everyone makes a difference. We like to think we have a rare culture, where we are open, honest and highly supportive of one another. We are proud to have received several awards for our commitment to delivering an outstanding level of residential and nursing care, with a real focus on engagement with residents, families and staff.
Why choose us?
- We are experts in our fields, with over 120 homes and day clubs across the UK, providing expert respite, residential, nursing, dementia and end-of-life care for older people.
- Our person centred approach has seen us enjoy rapid growth, allowing us to translate this into our people development, offering exceptional career opportunities to our employees.
- We provide comprehensive training in topics such as managing business performance, systems training, leading projects and driving change
- We offer one of the best benefits packages in the market including a generous bonus, competitive pension and life assurance schemes.
- Experienced in caring for older people
- A capable and confident in leader, with the driven and interest to grow and shape a team
- Experienced in managing a successful home or services in healthcare
- Confident in your knowledge of CQC regulations
- Compassionate and capable in embedding your own culture
- Passionate about delivering first class care
- A positive leader and motivator
- Capable of hitting the ground running. From your first day you will demonstrate a clear vision of the future and will deliver added value services that make us indispensable to our residents and unequalled in our sector
- Where you'll work
Our new Hythe care home is now open, and offers quality, tailored care in stunning surroundings.
Carpathia Grange is a state-of-the-art care home that delivers the very latest in luxury living alongside an impressive range of care services, from nursing and residential care, to short-term respite care and dementia care.
At Care UK, we believe that moving into a care home is just another part of life, and we’re passionate about enabling residents to continue enjoying a fantastic lifestyle that’s all about doing the things they love.
Our skilled and highly trained team gets to know your loved one well so that they can create personalised care and lifestyle plans which enable residents to live each day in the way they want. We even learn about the wishes that residents would like to fulfil – and we work hard to make them happen.
Enjoying a luxurious lifestyle
Carpathia Grange is all about treating residents to the luxury and care that they deserve. Each bedroom is fully furnished, with an en-suite wet-room, 24-hour nurse call system and flat screen TV. Residents can personalise their room however they wish, and some rooms on the ground floor open onto our lovely landscaped gardens.
Our Hythe home has its own café, cinema and hair and beauty salon, as well as comfortable lounges, quiet rooms and activity areas. Residents can use these areas whenever they wish. If anyone is a keen gardener, they’re welcome to help us to keep everything looking lovely.
Our lifestyle team ensures that there’s always something happening at Carpathia Grange, from activities with local school children, to talks, quizzes, music sessions and outings. If there’s something residents would like to do, or an activity they’d like to lead, all they need to do is tell us, and we’ll organise it.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.