- Job Reference
- United Kingdom
- Job Description
- Post Code
- EC2M 7PP
- Job Copy
Hours: Full time, 37.5 hours/week
Location: Field based - National to cover UK
Salary: Depending on experience, plus car allowance
Due to continued expansion, Care UK Residential Care Services are recruiting for an established Pre Commencement Manager to review and assess the feasibility of undertaking commercially viable new build properties. Reporting to our Head of Acquisitions and supporting our Head of Care Home Development, the successful candidate will control and coordinate pre-construction planning and due diligence stages in order to deliver planning applications and approvals in line with business objectives.
You’ll sit between our Land Acquisition and Development Project Management team, and will manage the pre-construction process from agreed purchase of a site, through the planning process to planning permission and providing smooth handovers to our Project Management team.
Although this role has no direct reports, it is essential that you display leadership qualities and have the ability to instruct and coordinate technical professionals and build solid professional relationships with developers.
Care UK is a leading, innovative provider of health and social care services in the UK. The Residential Care division provides care and supports to over 7000 residents suffering from dementia and related conditions in 120 Care homes across the UK. The division has grown rapidly, making significant investment in enhanced facilities and new Care Homes. Our recent achievements have included opening 31 homes in the last five years, with growth plans to open on average 8 homes per year.
- Experience in the design, planning, procurement, construction processes during/after land acquisition
- Knowledge of building efficiencies, such as sustainability, renewable resources and carbon efficiency, to satisfy corporate responsibilities
- Ability to coordinate and delegate to managing architects, engineers and other technical professionals and manage professional relationships
- Experience in dealing with consultants on initial stages of site planning and estimating costs of works needed where necessary
- Ability to understand architectural drawing sketches
- Knowledge of building regulations, standards and by-laws
- Commercial awareness of all aspects of design and build
- Knowledge of current sale and lease back/lease schemes and ability to identify opportunities to introduce efficiencies/greater value for money on new build schemes
- Healthcare sector/retirement developer experience is highly desirable
- Knowledge and experience of ecology, build costs, planning applications, processes
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.