New Build Home Manager, Thame
- Job Reference
- Job Description
- Post Code
- Job Copy
Care UK is one of the highest rated and fastest growing healthcare providers in the country: delivering the highest quality of care and fulfilling lives is at the heart of what we do! Due to the success of our new build projects, we have successfully built and opened 31 new build homes over the past five years, and will be continuing that growth for years to come.
We are currently looking for an experienced, professional and highly personable Home Manager to join our brand new home in Thame. The ideal Home Manager will be passionate and experienced in the world of healthcare; a proven manager who can confidently demonstrate effective leadership and management, putting care and residents first.
At Care UK everyone makes a difference. We like to think we have a rare culture, where we are open, honest and highly supportive of one another. We are proud to have received several awards for our commitment to delivering an outstanding level of residential and nursing care, with a real focus on engagement with residents, families and staff.
Why choose us?
- We are experts in our fields, with over 120 homes and day clubs across the UK, providing expert respite, residential, nursing, dementia and end-of-life care for older people.
- Our person centred approach has seen us enjoy rapid growth, allowing us to translate this into our people development, offering exceptional career opportunities to our employees.
- We provide comprehensive training in topics such as managing business performance, systems training, leading projects and driving change
- We offer one of the best benefits packages in the market including a generous bonus, competitive pension and life assurance schemes.
- Experienced in caring for older people
- A capable and confident in leader, with the driven and interest to grow and shape a team
- Experienced in managing a successful home or services in healthcare
- Confident in your knowledge of CQC regulations
- Compassionate and capable in embedding your own culture
- Passionate about delivering first class care
- A positive leader and motivator
- Capable of hitting the ground running. From your first day you will demonstrate a clear vision of the future and will deliver added value services that make us indispensable to our residents and unequalled in our sector
Our new care home in Thame is due to open in February 2021, and we will need you start 6 months before the home opens.
- Where you'll work
Imagine the best of care delivered in stunning surroundings, where everything is tailored to your loved one’s needs and interests. When Care UK’s new Thame care home opens in 2021, it will offer all this and more.
Care from a passionate team
The home’s dedicated team will provide residential, nursing and dementia care on a permanent and respite basis. All our colleagues are trained to the highest standards and are passionate about getting to know every resident like a member of their own family. We will learn all about your resident’s personality and life story, so that we can tailor every aspect of their care and daily life at the home to their needs, preferences and interests.
A luxurious care home
Our brand new Oxfordshire care home will have its own café and bar, cinema, and hair and beauty salon which residents will be able to use whenever they wish. Our landscaped gardens will be perfect for a stroll, growing fruit and vegetables, or simply for sitting and enjoying the Oxfordshire sunshine.
At Care UK, we believe that moving into a care home is just another part of life. We ensure that every resident is supported to enjoy fulfilling activities and experiences every day, so that they have the very best quality of life. Our lifestyle team will organise group and one-to-one activities, as well as entertainment and outings. Your loved one can even do light tasks around the home if they wish.
Delivering the latest in dementia care
Our colleagues will receive the latest dementia training designed by Care UK and the experts at the University of Worcester. What’s more, the home itself will be built to the latest dementia standards. It will be divided into smaller suites to create a homely atmosphere. On the dementia suite, everything from the colour scheme to the signage, lighting and furnishings will be designed to support people living with dementia.
At Care UK our approach to care is all about supporting residents to continue enjoying a meaningful lifestyle – doing whatever brings them purpose and joy. Keeping active and engaged in everyday life has been proven to reduce falls and promote wellbeing in older people. It’s even thought to slow the development of dementia in individuals with this diagnosis.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.