- Job Reference
- Enfield, Greater London
- Job Description
- Job Copy
As the Maintenance Person, your role will be to ensure the premises and grounds are maintained to a high standard and provide the residents with a safe, comfortable and pleasant environment in which to live. The pay rate for this position is £11 with working days Monday - Friday.
- At the commencement of each day check maintenance books in the home and carry out repairs as required or contact engineers/service agent where applicable. (agreement by Home Manager).
- Complete all checks as stipulated in the Facilities Manual, on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis as required. To familiarise yourself with the contractors call out system and their responsibilities in the home. To familiarise yourself with Homes emergency procedures i.e. fire, gas leak.
- Undertake maintenance of specific items of equipment e.g. Vent-Axia fans as designated by the Manager, maintaining records in accordance with Company Guidelines.
- Undertake basic electrical checks on all equipment, i.e. ensuring that all plugs and cables equipment are visually checked for signs of damage, labelling is legible and correct. Any faults are reported to the Home Manager and Electrical Contractor.
- Ensure that daily/weekly/monthly fire checks are completed which includes the fire alarm system, fire extinguisher and fire doors and record findings. Ensure the appropriate remedial action is taken (i.e. contact Service Company).
- Maintain all items of equipment and tools in a clean, safe and secure manner.
- Pre-weekend check; lights, electrical, heating, prior to the weekend or Bank holidays.
- To ensure monthly meter readings of gas, electricity and water are submitted to the Administrator/Manager on specified dates.
- To ensure deliveries to the Home are stored and checked as appropriate.
- To ensure all storage areas (excluding kitchen area) are clean and tidy and security is maintained.
- All Internal, external doors and pathways are kept clear and that any defects are reported to the Home Manager/Service Contractor
- Undertake general redecoration works as instructed by the Home Manager.
- Undertake ground maintenance, keeping the grass cut, shrubs, bushes and hedges pruned and the site generally weed free.
- Where appropriate plant specific items to enhance the appearance of the grounds.
- Advise on specific areas of planting and general gardening maintenance.
- Use and maintain the equipment provided in a safe and secure manner.
- Ensure that all deficiencies in security and safety are reported to the Home Manager and relevant
- To be aware of maintaining resident’s privacy and to communicate with nursing staff should works be required which will affect resident care.
- To liaise with the Home Manager at least once a week to discuss maintenance issues, re-decoration etc.
- Where necessary and under the direction of the Home Manager, assist in the collation of performance indicator data/evidence.
Skills & Experience
- Relevant building maintenance experience
- A sound understanding of the main Health & Safety Regulations, including COSHH and risk assessment
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Create and maintain working relationships with residents, colleagues and visiting contractors
- Shares ideas with others [to make improvements]
- Keen to learn and improve own performance
- Committed to communicate with customers to understand their needs
- Will go the extra mile to help fulfil customers needs
- Has a ‘can-do’ attitude to work
- Enjoys working effectively as part of a team
- Where you'll work
Elizabeth Lodge is a very welcoming purpose-designed care home with a great location in Enfield, Greater London.
Elizabeth Lodge is set in beautiful landscaped gardens and the home itself is very elegant and stylish, with spacious rooms and living areas that are full of light. Everyone here is very friendly and we always have a big welcome ready for residents’ families and friends and anyone else who comes to visit.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.