- Job Reference
- Hendon, Greater London
- Job Description
- Job Copy
The residents in our care home really relish meal times. Join us at our Kitchen Assistant and help make lots of older people very happy – all while developing your catering skills and enjoying some great benefits.
Care UK is one of the UK’s leading providers of health and social care services. We need a Kitchen Assistant to help our kitchen team produce lots of tasty and nutritious meals several times a day.
You’ll help to take the pressure off our chefs by playing a key role in cooking breakfast for residents. At main meals you’ll provide the finishing touches like custard or gravy and ensure everywhere and everything in the kitchen is clean and tidy. You’ll be stringent about storing and chilling food appropriately and about observing and maintaining food hygiene standards.
If you’re educated to GCSE level, have some experience of working in a busy kitchen environment, are proactive and positive, we’ll treat you to flexible hours, a competitive rate of pay and all the training and development opportunities you have an appetite for.
- Cook breakfast items as required for the residents, making custard, gravy from pack and regenerate cook chill items.
- To ensure that all kitchen equipment and kitchen areas are cleaned according to the cleaning schedules.
- To ensure statutory and Company Health and Safety Regulations are adhered to.
- To ensure correct storage of all dry and perishable cook chill goods as soon as possible after receipt and checking.
- To ensure the correct, safe storage of cleaning materials.
- To ensure that all pots, pans, cooking utensils and service counter containers are cleaned to the required standards and correctly stored after cleaning.
- Carry out any other reasonable instructions given by the Head Chef and/or Home Manager.
Skills & Experience
- Experience of working within a busy kitchen environment as part of a team
- The ability to manage priorities
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- GCSEs (or equivalent) including English and Maths
- Where you'll work
At Elmstead House, you can expect a warm welcome from our friendly and professional team.
Elmstead House is a welcoming care home in Hendon, Greater London. We work in partnership with Barnet CCG to provide personalised nursing and residential care for older people living with Alzheimer's, other forms of dementia or mental health needs.
Our team has specialist expertise in caring for individuals with the most complex care needs and we also offer sensitive and supportive end of life care.
Living at Elmstead House is about being and feeling part of a community. When a new resident arrives at the home, we put time and effort into helping them to settle and feel comfortable. Many members of our team have worked here for more than 10 years, so residents can be sure of a familiar face. Residents are able to move about the home as they wish and have the space to choose what they'd like to do.
A lot of the care we provide is on a one-to-one basis. And we’re always there for residents’ families too, by offering comforting support to anyone that needs it.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.