- Job Reference
- Framlingham, Suffolk
- Job Description
- Job Copy
To carry out all duties as directed by the Head Cook, relating to meal preparations, orders and staff requirements, whilst maintaining food hygiene standards.
- To control and monitor the progress of assistants and trainees and inform the Head Chef accordingly of any training required.
- To maintain the standard of health and hygiene as instructed by the Head Chef.
- To prepare special diet meals in accordance with instructions from the care staff.
- To ensure a high level of service for all meal times.
- To complete all documentation relating to HACCP.
- To ensure report any defects to equipment to the Home Manager.
- To ensure good quality and portion control.
- Assist Head Chef with four weekly menu planning.
- To carry out all general duties and responsibilities in the absence of the Head Chef.
- To carry out any reasonable duties requested by senior staff that will aid and assist the smooth running of the home.
Skills & Experience
- Previous catering experience within a similar environment
- Practical experience in all area’s of a kitchen
- Experience gained in a care home environment
- Chef’s qualification City & Guilds 705 or equivalent
- Competent in written and spoken English
- Food Hygiene Certificate
- Where you'll work
Mills Meadow fully opened in 2015, providing residential and dementia care for up to 60 residents.
A new day club is also open on the same site, offering older people from the local area a change of scene, a chance to meet new people and to do fun activities in a safe and supportive environment.
The dedicated and professional team at our Framlingham care home focuses on enabling residents to enjoy a fulfilling life, whatever their needs and abilities. We work with you and your loved one to learn about their life stories, interests and preferences so that we can create personalised care and activity plans – and even menus – that ensure your loved one receives care that’s as unique as they are.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.