- Job Reference
- Wembley, Middlesex
- Job Description
- Job Copy
Care UK is one of the UK’s leading providers of health and social care services. Join our Hotel Services team and you’ll be playing a vital part in making residents’ lives better on a daily basis.
Whatever role you take on, you’ll be working as part of a close-knit team to improve the daily lives of the people we care for. You’ll be dedicated to achieving the highest standards and to providing the ultimate in customer service. You will also be flexible, reliable and love working as part of a team.
As a Laundry Assistant you’ll launder and iron our residents’ clothing to the highest standards, putting it away tidily and ensuring wardrobes and drawers are always clean and neat.
- Carry out all cleaning duties as directed by the Head Housekeeper to the required Company standards. Cleaning duties can be in any area of the nursing home.
- Ensure that daily and deep cleaning schedules are adhered to.
- Maintain a high standard of personal presentation and hygiene.
- Ensure that all cleaning equipment is correctly and safely used and kept in a safe condition. Report any defect to the Home Manager.
- Carry out any other reasonable instructions of the Home Manager.
- To be sensitive to the privacy and individual needs of the residents.
- To comply with COSHH regulations.
- To adhere to infection control polices at all times.
- To ensure the correct use of PPE.
- To follow the correct use of colour code systems within the home
- Carry out other ad hoc duties as requested by the Head Housekeeper or Home Manager.
- To ensure all necessary documentation is completed daily.
- To ensure trolley’s are re-stocked at the end of shift and cleaning cupboards are left clean and tidy
Skills & Experience
- Previous cleaning experience
- Ability to communicate on the telephone
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Able to carry out instructions accurately.
- A knowledge of health and safety
- An understanding of infection control
- Flexible and reliable attitude to working arrangements
- Committed to customer care and first class service provision
- Ability to work alone as well as part of a team
- Adaptable, friendly, polite, courteous and caring
- Basic education, including English and Maths
- Where you'll work
At Ogilvy Court, we encourage residents to enjoy an active, healthy lifestyle.
Ogilvy Court is a purpose-designed care home set in a quiet and leafy residential area of Wembley in Middlesex. We provide personalised nursing, residential and respite care for older people living with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia, mental health support needs, learning disabilities or physical disabilities. And we also offer specialist care for younger adults who have learning disabilities, as well as sensitive and compassionate end of life care.
We help each person to maintain an active, independent lifestyle by celebrating their abilities, promoting their individuality and giving them the right to choose. Our dedicated, experienced team works closely with every person to preserve skills such as gardening, cooking or enjoying favourite pastimes.
Everyone at Ogilvy Court is very positive, friendly and welcoming. We greet visitors with a smile and an offer of a cup of tea, and we always do everything we can to support residents' families and friends. Many members of our team have been here for years, so they're well known by residents and their loved ones.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.