Construction Project Manager
- Job Reference
- Job Copy
Construction Project Manager
Are you looking for the opportunity to influence and make a difference to the growth of one of the UKs largest market leading healthcare providers? Care UK have a great opportunity for an ambitious and experienced Construction Project Manager to join an award winning company who are continuously building, developing and successfully evolving. Care UKs recent achievements include opening 31 homes in the last five years with a further 26 homes due to open in the next three years taking our portfolio to over 130 homes.
Care UK are a multi award winning company where people are at the heart of what we do. We are proud and grateful to have received several awards over the years for our commitment and passion in delivering an outstanding level of residential and nursing care with real focus on engagement with residents and fulfilling lives.
Due to Care UK’s successful growth plans, the Head of Care Home Developments is looking for a Construction Project Manager to join the team. The Manager who looks to join our progressive business will be someone who can confidently demonstrate effective leadership and management who has clear vision, core values and a tenacious nature. The Construction Project Manager will be responsible for the effective delivery of an innovative programme of new build homes and major refurbishments of care homes to agreed standards, time and budget on a national basis. Projects values will vary greatly anywhere up to £6 million and may also include refurbishing occupied properties.
- Provide professional input and guidance to internal colleagues for each project from design and evaluation stage
- Instruct and manage as necessary, consultants at relevant stages to achieve Planning Approval on relevant schemes
- Manage contractors and suppliers relationships and performance and ensure schemes are appropriately resourced to meet programmes
- Attendance at monthly progress meetings and design meetings as required as Client Representative
- Liaise with internal colleagues to ensure appropriate design freeze timescale are achieved and information relayed to contractors
- Communicate updates on progress and financial performance internally and externally
- Assist in developing the property team capabilities and performance to ensure structure is able to deliver programme effectively
- Manage and report on financial expenditure on a monthly basis to funders and monitoring surveyors
- Control preparation of cost estimates and the documentation for contract bids
- Control payment to contractors by valuation of completed works and ensure paperwork is issued in appropriate timescale to meet funding requirements
- This list of key responsibilities is not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to undertake other relevant and appropriate duties as reasonably required
Attributes and experience desired:
- Extensive knowledge of planning, building control and CDM practices
- Experience using construction and project management systems
- The ability to report and comment on technical submission documents
- Experience negotiating build contracts
- A good understanding of managing budgets
- Excellent Communication and rapport building skills
- Experience within the healthcare sector would be an advantage
For more information please get in touch with Grace Shaughnessy on Grace.Shaughnessy@careuk.com / 07580016381
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.