Development Project Manager
- Job Reference
- Job Copy
Development Project Manager
Care UK is one of the UKs marketing leading healthcare providers who are building and opening more new homes than any other provider in the UK. Our current portfolio of nursing and residential services is over 120 homes across the country and our consistent track record has seen us open 31 new build homes in the last five years. Our ambitious and progressive vision combined with our successful business growth will see the completion of many more homes for the foreseeable future.
Our new build projects are located across the country from Scotland to Hampshire. The role will predominately be home based with being on site and attending team meetings as and when required. The role would suit a project management professional with client facing experience. Being a Development Project Manager at Care UK you can make an impact, take ownership on projects whilst really make a difference.
The ideal Development Project Manager will have experience client side, strong project management skills coming from a construction or surveying background. We have an experienced consultant team who work alongside you and you will take the lead role in managing the process from start to finish. Our project values will vary greatly anywhere up to £10 million and may also include refurbishing occupied properties. As Development Project Manager you will be at the centre of our business strategy promoting growth through the successful completion of our ambitious new build projects.
- Provide professional input and guidance to internal colleagues for each project from design and evaluation stage
- Instruct and manage as necessary, consultants at relevant stages to achieve Planning Approval on relevant schemes
- Manage contractors and suppliers relationships and performance and ensure schemes are appropriately resourced to meet programmes
- Attendance at monthly progress meetings and design meetings as required as Client Representative
- Liaise with internal colleagues to ensure appropriate design freeze timescale are achieved and information relayed to contractors
- Communicate updates on progress and financial performance internally and externally
- Assist in developing the property team capabilities and performance to ensure structure is able to deliver programme effectively
- Manage and report on financial expenditure on a monthly basis to funders and monitoring surveyors
- Control preparation of cost estimates and the documentation for contract bids
- Control payment to contractors by valuation of completed works and ensure paperwork is issued in appropriate timescale to meet funding requirements
Attributes and experience desired:
- Extensive knowledge of planning, building control and CDM practices
- Experience using construction and project management systems
- The ability to report and comment on technical submission documents
- Experience negotiating build contracts
- A good understanding of managing budgets
- Excellent Communication and rapport building skills
- Experience within the healthcare sector would be an advantage
For more information please get in touch with Tara Connor on 07580 594031 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.