- Job Reference
- Job Copy
To carry out all duties as directed by the Head Cook, relating to meal preparations, orders and staff requirements, whilst maintaining food hygiene standards.
- To control and monitor the progress of assistants and trainees and inform the Head Chef accordingly of any training required.
- To maintain the standard of health and hygiene as instructed by the Head Chef.
- To prepare special diet meals in accordance with instructions from the care staff.
- To ensure a high level of service for all meal times.
- To complete all documentation relating to HACCP.
- To ensure report any defects to equipment to the Home Manager.
- To ensure good quality and portion control.
- Assist Head Chef with four weekly menu planning.
- To carry out all general duties and responsibilities in the absence of the Head Chef.
- To carry out any reasonable duties requested by senior staff that will aid and assist the smooth running of the home.
Skills & Experience
- Previous catering experience within a similar environment
- Practical experience in all area’s of a kitchen
- Experience gained in a care home environment
- Chef’s qualification City & Guilds 705 or equivalent
- Competent in written and spoken English
- Food Hygiene Certificate
- Where you'll work
We provide residential, respite and day care and can also care for people with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia, as well as physical disabilities. We also have a new specialist dementia suite on the first floor, which provides the very latest care for residents living with dementia. Find out more here.
We also provide day care older, local people who still live in their own homes, perhaps with family carers, but who like to have a little extra support, whether with their care, or simply some extra social stimulation. Hours are flexible, so guests can come as often as they wish, and they enjoy full access to the activities, meals and support services as our residents do.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.