Team Leader Care
- Job Reference
- Ascot, Berkshire
- Job Description
- Job Copy
As a Team Leader for Larkland House in Ascot you will be an integral part of our leadership team and managing your own team of Care Assistants and Senior Carers. With fantastic training alongside a great pay rate from day one, Care UK will provide you with great career progression.
Pay Rate - £10.40 - £11.40 depending on experience
£1000 joining bonus!! (terms and conditions applicable)
Full Time and Part Time hours available, Days and Nights.
Working as a Team Leader, you will be responsible for leading the care team during their day to day task, ensuring that a safe, effective and efficient care service is maintained. We are looking for experienced carers who are NVQ2 or NVQ3 qualified and happy administering medication and managing a team. If this is you, apply now!
- Administer medication to all residents in a safe and effective manner.
- Ensure that clear and accurate records and communication systems relating to clinical and care delivery are maintained and effectively used. This includes the care plans for each of the residents in your unit.
- Supervise care staff on a day to day basis and through formal supervision processes.
- Liaise with GPs and other health professionals to ensure that residents receive the medical and clinical support they require.
- Support new Team Leaders and care staff in the completion of induction programs, training and competency assessment
- Review the daily delivery of care, including pressure area prevention, nutrition and infection prevention and control procedures. Ensure high standards of care delivery are maintained.
What will I get in return?
- 28 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Discounts across most major stores
- Support with Training and NVQ qualifications
- Competitive Pay Rate
- Progression Opportunities
- Paid DBS
- Free Uniform
- Where you'll work
Larkland House care home in Ascot provides excellent care in lovely surroundings.
The dedicated and experienced team in our purpose-built care home in Ascot, Berkshire, offers a range of care options for older people, including residential, nursing and respite care including for people living with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia.
Being an established care home, Larkland House has developed a great reputation for delivering the highest standards of care.
Flexibility is important – in caring for older people and in supporting their families and carers. We are very happy to care for people on a short term basis, giving their carers a break so they can enjoy a holiday or just have some time to themselves. Short term care may also be a useful solution if a person is recovering from a stay in hospital and needs more intensive support than their family carers feel they can provide.
There’s lots of space at Larkland House. All our bedrooms are lovely and big and residents are welcome to add their own personal touches to their rooms. We’re even open to people bringing small pets with them.
We’ve recently opened a brand new nursing dementia floor with 14 spacious and beautifully decorated rooms for older people living with dementia. All the rooms are en-suite and have lots of space for relaxing.
Larkland House care home also has beautiful gardens, including a secure area where residents can help out with some gardening if they like, or simply sit and enjoy a cup of tea in the fresh air. We’re in a great semi-rural location but still conveniently close to all of the shops and amenities of Ascot high street.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.