Team Leader Care
- Job Reference
- Islington, London
- Job Description
- Job Copy
As a Team Leader for Lennox House in Islington you will be an integral part of our leadership team and managing your own team of Care Assistants and Senior Carers. With fantastic training alongside a great pay rate from day one, Care UK will provide you with great career progression.
Full Time and Part Time hours available, Days and Nights.
Working as a Team Leader, you will be responsible for leading the care team during their day to day task, ensuring that a safe, effective and efficient care service is maintained. We are looking for experienced carers who are NVQ2 or NVQ3 qualified and happy administering medication and managing a team. If this is you, apply now!
- Administer medication to all residents in a safe and effective manner.
- Ensure that clear and accurate records and communication systems relating to clinical and care delivery are maintained and effectively used. This includes the care plans for each of the residents in your unit.
- Supervise care staff on a day to day basis and through formal supervision processes.
- Liaise with GPs and other health professionals to ensure that residents receive the medical and clinical support they require.
- Support new Team Leaders and care staff in the completion of induction programs, training and competency assessment
- Review the daily delivery of care, including pressure area prevention, nutrition and infection prevention and control procedures. Ensure high standards of care delivery are maintained.
What will I get in return?
- 28 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Discounts across most major stores
- Support with Training and NVQ qualifications
- Competitive Pay Rate
- Progression Opportunities
- Paid DBS
- Free Uniform
- Where you'll work
At Lennox House care home, we’re committed to providing care that is centred on each person’s individual needs.
Set in a peaceful residential area of Islington in North London, Lennox House is a large, modern and comfortable care home providing the best care and support for older people. We’re dedicated to providing nursing and residential care including expert care for individuals with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia.
Our carers experience specific dementia training developed by Care UK’s own in-house experts to better understands the challenges faced by individuals with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia. This allows our team at Lennox House care home to provide helpful and sensitive care.
Our care home is full of passionate carers and we help our residents maintain links with the local community as well as support in staying close to their loved ones. Family and friends of residents can visit anytime and stay for as long as they like whether they want to eat dinner with their loved one or walk around with them in our large secure gardens. We also provide endless support for our residents should they want to chat- in which case, we’ll pop the kettle on and have a heart-to-heart with them over a cup of tea.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.