Lifestyle Co-ordinator Bank
- Job Reference
- Job Description
- Job Copy
- To maintain a stimulating programme of leisure pursuits and social events for both groups of residents and on an individual basis.
- Produce a weekly social events programme and ensure that it is advertised within the home.
- To ensure that the social care plan for each resident is in place within three weeks of the date of admission and reviewed regularly.
- To consult with and assess each resident in order to identify their social and recreational requirements according to their likes, dislikes, abilities and needs.
- To organise social and recreational events within and without the home.
- To assess on a regular basis the effectiveness of the programme of social events and recreational pursuits.
- To liaise and consult with relatives and other staff within the home when writing social care plans.
- To assess and evaluate social care plans on a monthly basis.
- To assist and support residents at meal times ensuring that the appropriate equipment is available and that the ambience is conducive to a relaxed environment.
- To liaise with the senior person in charge on a daily basis.
- To involve residents in social events organised by the local community and encourage community groups to have involvement in the life of the home.
- To ensure the spiritual and worship needs of residents are met.
- To build and maintain a suitable stock of social events and hobby equipment such as: craft materials, board games, jigsaws, cards, needlework, paints, etc.
- To provide inspiration resources and ideas to care staff for group and one to one social events.
- To maintain standards of infection control within the home and to assist residents to maintain their own infection control needs.
- To attend all statutory and mandatory training as required by the Company in order to fulfil your duties.
- To attend appropriate training courses and/or programmes to enhance personal and professional knowledge and skills.
Skills & Experience
- Previous experience in a caring role or a similar background is required. You will need to have experience of looking after the Elderly.
- Mature, sensible outlook with common sense commitment, initiative and a desire to make the lives of elderly people better.
- Sense of Fun, Flexibility and ideas for things to do daily.
- NVQ Level 2 in Health and Social Care or above (Adult) is preferred but not essential
- Good basic education, including English and Maths
- Where you'll work
At Ogilvy Court, we encourage residents to enjoy an active, healthy lifestyle.
Ogilvy Court is a purpose-designed care home set in a quiet and leafy residential area of Wembley in Middlesex. We provide personalised nursing, residential and respite care for older people living with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia, mental health support needs, learning disabilities or physical disabilities. And we also offer specialist care for younger adults who have learning disabilities, as well as sensitive and compassionate end of life care.
We help each person to maintain an active, independent lifestyle by celebrating their abilities, promoting their individuality and giving them the right to choose. Our dedicated, experienced team works closely with every person to preserve skills such as gardening, cooking or enjoying favourite pastimes.
Everyone at Ogilvy Court is very positive, friendly and welcoming. We greet visitors with a smile and an offer of a cup of tea, and we always do everything we can to support residents' families and friends. Many members of our team have been here for years, so they're well known by residents and their loved ones.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.