- Job Reference
- East Grinstead, West Sussex
- Job Description
- Job Copy
This role is all about co-ordinating all aspects of kitchen production so that food is prepared to the agreed standard and that time deadlines are met
- To implement and supervise all aspects of kitchen control e.g. menus, hygiene, health and safety, staff, cleaning and waste control.
- To identify and recruit all grades of staff under your control within the agreed guidelines.
- To supervise and develop staff using the available company resources, to maximise their potential.
- To order catering consumables from current nominated suppliers in line with Company
- Purchasing policy.
- To have full understanding of H.A.C.C.P, to ensure all staff adhere to H.A.C.C.P and all documentation are completed and sighed are by the appropriate members of staff
- To complete monthly audits for kitchen reporting any finding to home manager
- To prepare menus for the nursing home taking into account the content, balance, colour and nutritional values, inline with agreed budget.
- To consult with residents on a regular basis to ensure that their needs and choices are being met.
- To prepare special diets for residents as directed by the nursing staff.
- To maintain the agreed stock levels of food.
- To implement and maintain an agreed deep cleaning schedule for the kitchen.
- To carry out stock takes at the end of each month.
- To implement four weekly rota.
- To work within agreed budget guidelines on staff costs and consumables and to co-operate in any action necessary so as to keep to budget.
- To assist in the preparation of function menus and costing.
- To co-operate with requests from the Home Manager and residents wherever possible.
- To attend resident/relative meetings whenever possible.
- To carry out staff supervision adhering to home policies.
- To complete all staff personal development reviews.
Skills & Experience
- Significant and relevant high cover kitchen experience
- Day to day management of a kitchen team, including staff meetings
- Proven competency in nutritionally balanced menu planning
- Ability to cater for specific dietary needs
- Efficient ordering and record keeping
- Stock control
- Working within a budget
- Proven communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Self motivated, flexible and enthusiastic
- Works collaboratively with others sharing ideas and information at all times
- bility to maintain staff discipline and morale
- Has the ability to delegate stretching responsibilities to develop people
- Effectively builds trust with a consistent approach between actions and words
- Has the ability to raise standards through innovation and new ideas
- Will take responsibility for issues and resolve them.
- GCSEs (or equivalent) including English and Maths
- Catering Diploma (City & Guilds/BTEC)
- Health and Safety and Food Hygiene Certificates
- Where you'll work
Here at Mill View care home we provide a warm welcome in luxurious surroundings and the very best in care, from short respite stays, through to full time nursing and residential care.
We are also proud of our expertise in caring for people with dementia. All our care home team undertakes special experiential dementia training, developed by our own in-house experts, and this gives us real insight into what life is like for people living with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.