Team Leader Care
- Job Reference
- Job Description
- Job Copy
***Now paying £10 per hour for Night Shifts Only - No Current Day Vacancies***
We are look for a colleague to professionally lead the care team during any span of duty, ensuring that a safe, effective and efficient care service is maintained which meets the needs of residents and purchasers.
- Provide leadership and support for care staff and act as a champion for residents’ safety and dignity.
- To maintain skills and knowledge and ensure that care is delivered according to latest guidelines and best practice evidence available.
- Ensure the ongoing safety of residents, staff and visitors through systematic assessment, monitoring and reviewing processes.
- Ensure that clear and accurate records and communication systems relating to clinical and care delivery are maintained and effectively used
- Liaise with GPs and other health professionals to ensure that residents receive the medical and clinical support they require.
Skills & Experience
- Review the daily delivery of care, including pressure area prevention, nutrition and infection prevention and control procedures. Ensure high standards of care delivery are maintained.
- Ensure that areas of identified risk are appropriately monitored and outcomes recorded and acted upon e.g. fluid and nutrition charts, turning regimes, blood glucose monitoring.
- Ensure that residents are encouraged and supported to remain as independent and active as possible. Promote the philosophy of activity based care.
- Be aware of company policies and procedures and ensure requirements are incorporated into practice.
- Ensure effective and clearly documented handover systems are maintained to facilitate the effective transfer of information between staff and shifts.
- Attend and participate in Team Leader and staff meetings as arranged by the Home Manager/Deputy Manager/Clinical Lead.
- Understand the requirements of the Mental Capacity Act (2005) and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (2008) in relation to consent and best interest decision making.
- Where you'll work
Britten Court, Lowestoft, opened its doors in late 2014 to provide personalised residential and nursing care for older people.
Britten Court provides specialist nursing and dementia care for up to 80 residents. A day club adjacent to the home also offers day care and respite facilities for local people who live independently in their own homes.
Everything the dedicated team at Britten Court do is focused on supporting residents to enjoy a fulfilling life, whatever their needs and abilities. We work with each resident and their family to find out all we can about their life stories, interests and preferences. We then create care and activity plans that will meet and exceed their needs.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.