- Job Reference
- Haywards Heath, West Sussex
- Job Description
- Job Copy
- To maintain a stimulating programme of leisure pursuits and social events for both groups of residents and on an individual basis.
- Produce a weekly social events programme and ensure that it is advertised within the home.
- To ensure that the social care plan for each resident is in place within three weeks of the date of admission and reviewed regularly.
- To consult with and assess each resident in order to identify their social and recreational requirements according to their likes, dislikes, abilities and needs.
- To organise social and recreational events within and without the home.
- To assess on a regular basis the effectiveness of the programme of social events and recreational pursuits.
- To liaise and consult with relatives and other staff within the home when writing social care plans.
- To assess and evaluate social care plans on a monthly basis.
- To assist and support residents at meal times ensuring that the appropriate equipment is available and that the ambience is conducive to a relaxed environment.
- To liaise with the senior person in charge on a daily basis.
- To involve residents in social events organised by the local community and encourage community groups to have involvement in the life of the home.
- To ensure the spiritual and worship needs of residents are met.
- To build and maintain a suitable stock of social events and hobby equipment such as: craft materials, board games, jigsaws, cards, needlework, paints, etc.
- To provide inspiration resources and ideas to care staff for group and one to one social events.
- To maintain standards of infection control within the home and to assist residents to maintain their own infection control needs.
- To attend all statutory and mandatory training as required by the Company in order to fulfil your duties.
- To attend appropriate training courses and/or programmes to enhance personal and professional knowledge and skills.
Skills & Experience
- Previous experience in a caring role or a similar background is required. You will need to have experience of looking after the Elderly.
- Mature, sensible outlook with common sense commitment, initiative and a desire to make the lives of elderly people better.
- Sense of Fun, Flexibility and ideas for things to do daily.
- NVQ Level 2 in Health and Social Care or above (Adult) is preferred but not essential
- Good basic education, including English and Maths
- Where you'll work
At Beech Hurst we provide specialist care together with a warm welcome in a lovely part of town.
Located just outside Haywards Heath in West Sussex, Beech Hurst offers personalised nursing care. Our team has specialist expertise in supporting individuals who have Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia.
We take a person-centred approach to care at Beech Hurst – we look beyond the condition by getting to know the individual and understanding every aspect of their life. We aim to go the extra mile to make sure each resident has enjoyable and fulfilling experiences every day.
We have two activities co-ordinators who take residents out to local garden centres and shops, and to nearby attractions such as Brighton Pier. They make sure everyone gets the most out of their day.
Every member of our team is committed to continual learning and development, to make sure that we always provide the best possible care
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.