Lifestyle Co-ordinator Bank
- Job Reference
- Paddington, London
- Job Description
- Job Copy
- To maintain a stimulating programme of leisure pursuits and social events for both groups of residents and on an individual basis.
- Produce a weekly social events programme and ensure that it is advertised within the home.
- To ensure that the social care plan for each resident is in place within three weeks of the date of admission and reviewed regularly.
- To consult with and assess each resident in order to identify their social and recreational requirements according to their likes, dislikes, abilities and needs.
- To organise social and recreational events within and without the home.
- To assess on a regular basis the effectiveness of the programme of social events and recreational pursuits.
- To liaise and consult with relatives and other staff within the home when writing social care plans.
- To assess and evaluate social care plans on a monthly basis.
- To assist and support residents at meal times ensuring that the appropriate equipment is available and that the ambience is conducive to a relaxed environment.
- To liaise with the senior person in charge on a daily basis.
- To involve residents in social events organised by the local community and encourage community groups to have involvement in the life of the home.
- To ensure the spiritual and worship needs of residents are met.
- To build and maintain a suitable stock of social events and hobby equipment such as: craft materials, board games, jigsaws, cards, needlework, paints, etc.
- To provide inspiration resources and ideas to care staff for group and one to one social events.
- To maintain standards of infection control within the home and to assist residents to maintain their own infection control needs.
- To attend all statutory and mandatory training as required by the Company in order to fulfil your duties.
- To attend appropriate training courses and/or programmes to enhance personal and professional knowledge and skills.
Skills & Experience
- Previous experience in a caring role or a similar background is required. You will need to have experience of looking after the Elderly.
- Mature, sensible outlook with common sense commitment, initiative and a desire to make the lives of elderly people better.
- Sense of Fun, Flexibility and ideas for things to do daily.
- NVQ Level 2 in Health and Social Care or above (Adult) is preferred but not essential
- Good basic education, including English and Maths
- Where you'll work
At Forrester Court care home, we provide high quality care in a pleasant setting close to central London.
Set in a quiet area of Paddington in central London, Forrester Court is a comfortable and welcoming care home which provides residential, nursing and respite care for older people, including individuals who have Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia.
Our caring and dedicated team enjoys getting to know each resident and learning about their unique experiences, interests and memories. We use these insights to create personalised care plans that help residents to continue enjoying a life that’s as active and independent as possible.
Residents come from a wide range of cultural backgrounds and we offer each person choice, dignity and fulfilling experiences every day. There is lots to get involved in from salsa dancing and bingo to craft sessions and outings to nearby attractions. You can learn more about daily life at Forrester Court here.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.