- Job Reference
- Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire
- Job Description
- Job Copy
To manage the administrative procedures within the home alongside the Home Manager and to provide reception cover, promoting the unit and company to potential customers, appropriate authorities and colleagues in a pleasant, caring and professional manner.
Responsible To Home Manager
- To receive all residents/visitors to the unit in a pleasant efficient manner. Ensuring that the Visitors Book is completed and the appropriate person is notified of their arrival.
- To ensure that the reception area creates a positive first class impression, that it is tidy, welcoming and clean with up to date information available.
- To answer the telephone promptly and deal with enquiries in a helpful, courteous and welcoming manner, being aware of the need to maintain confidentiality at all times regarding staff and residents.
- Liaise and build relationships with relatives, residents, professional service providers and other visitors.
- Comfort relatives at times of distress ensuring that they receive privacy and empathy.
- Undertake the position of appointee for residents without a living next of kin or any other person willing to accept the responsibility.
- To perform secretarial/clerical duties as required by the Unit Manager
- To ensure all correspondence received is date stamped and receives prompt attention.
- To ensure that the Unit's filing system is maintained accurately and promptly.
- To ensure that when absent from the workplace key individuals are up to date with the location of files, equipment, contact details of relevant people/agencies in order to provide a seamless service.
- To provide administrative and clerical support and other support as may be requested from time to time by the Unit Manager and other Senior Personnel.
- Undertake purchase ledger responsibilities including ordering, reconciliation of delivery notes and payment of invoices.
- Undertake sales ledger responsibilities including:
- Nursing/Personal Care is in place in a timely manner
- Manage petty cash, resident’s monies and staff lunch monies.
- Deposit/cash monies as required at the designated bank.
- Undertake credit control – chasing debts and late payments.
- Where necessary in accordance with Company Guidelines ensure that private resident's billing accounts are accurate and up-to-date.
- To provide all information that may be required by the Head Office Finance Department, in particular all information required for the production of monthly accounts.
- Maintain training records for both mandatory and regulatory requirements.
- Undertake checks on PIN numbers, Visa expiry dates and CRB checks on the required renewal dates.
- Order uniforms and badges where they are in use.
- Advise employees on HR policy or where to find information.
- Understand the benefits associated with working with Care UK and be able to explain them to new members of the team.
- Ensure that all new members of the team complete their induction.
- Ensure that all end of probation interviews are carried out, paperwork is completed and records update.
- To accurately record and up-date information on personnel record files.
- To assist the Unit Manager with the recruitment of staff using the Company’s Candidate Management System, ensuring that the process is followed accurately and takes into account relevant legislative requirements with regard to discrimination.
- Ensure that all pre-employment checks are undertaken and that all prospective employees are fit to work in accordance with CQC regulations and Company policy
- To effectively manage all people data using the company’s business systems.
Skills & Experience
- Using an HR or payroll system
- Recruitment and selection
- Using Microsoft Office applications
- Experience of working in a nursing and residential care environment in an administrative capacity
- GCSEs (or equivalent) including English and Maths
- Where you'll work
Opened in 2008, Tor-Na-Dee has a great location in Milltimber, on the outskirts of Aberdeen.
We provide residential, respite and nursing care for older people, including individuals with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia, physical disabilities or learning disabilities. We also offer supportive and compassionate end of life care.
Our friendly, dedicated team makes sure that each resident feels settled and that their loved ones feel welcome at all times. We support everyone to carry on doing the things that are important to them, so that they can stay as active and independent as possible. We offer residents lots of choices and always involve them in decisions about their care. And all of our activities are based around residents’ own interests and abilities.
Tor-Na-Dee is a very vibrant home – we have a beautiful countryside setting but are still very close to all that the city has to offer. We aim to be innovative in everything we do and are always looking for new ideas to bring into the home. We have an active relatives’ group – the members recently worked with a counsellor to produce the very successful 'Relatives' guide to Tor-Na-Dee’.
Maintaining the highest possible standards of care is very important to us and to help us do this, we work with the Grampian Integrated Care Pathway for Palliative Care.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.