Day Centre Manager
- Job Reference
- Eye, Suffolk
- Job Description
- Job Copy
To manage the Day Care Centre, which provides activity based care for the elderly service user.
- Understand, implement and evaluate aims, objectives, policies, procedures, guidelines and principles of good practice.
- Understand and implement legislative and regulatory requirements relevant to service user group.
- Able to operate a service, which is flexible, responsive and non-discriminatory.
- Assess potential service users who may be considering attending the centre.
- Work with other professionals to develop a specialist service.
- Market the service to potential service users directly or via other agencies.
- Maintain effective communication with service users, relatives, carers and other members of the general public.
- To allocate, monitor and control financial resources.
- To create and maintain administrative systems.
- To recruit, select and supervise specialist staff. Support of a dispersed workforce is a crucial element of the management of staff.
- To plan, allocate and evaluate the workload of all staff.
- Collaborate with the Training and Development Officer to organise inductions to identify and provide for ongoing training needs, providing a positive learning environment for all staff.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Develop and maintain effective assessment and review procedures, which become the foundation for appropriate personal documentation.
- Ensure that appropriate types of intervention take place to meet service user needs and rights.
- Liaise with other agencies involved with the service user to ensure the provision of integrated services.
- Where you'll work
Hartismere Place, located in Eye, delivers quality residential, nursing, respite and dementia care for older people.
Hartismere Place is a brand new, purpose-built care home in Eye – an ancient market town in North Suffolk. Everything about the 60-bed home has been designed to support your loved one to continue to enjoy a fulfilling, varied and comfortable lifestyle.
We have a very individual approach at Care UK and spend time getting to know each resident and their family. When we know about each person’s likes and dislikes, their hobbies, life stories and interests, we will design a care plan that’s tailored to their unique needs and requirements.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.