Laundry Assistant Bank
- Job Reference
- Royal Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
- Job Description
- Post Code
- CV32 6RW
- Min Pay Rate
- Shifts Available
- Weekends, Bank Holidays, Sickness & Holiday cover
- Role Highlights
The role will involve covering sickness, holiday with additional shifts available as & when required.
You will need to be flexible, available to work weekends and bank holidays working from 08:00am until 16:00.
You will need to have the ability to work alone as well as part of a team. You will need to be adaptable, friendly, polite, courteous and caring. Previous experience is desirable however, full training will be provided.
You must be able to carry out instructions accurately as directed by the Head Housekeeper and Home Manager
For more information please contact Tracey Frisby or Stacey Parry on 01926 319 780
- Job Copy
Care UK is one of the UK’s leading providers of health and social care services. Join our Hotel Services team and you’ll be playing a vital part in making residents’ lives better on a daily basis.
Whatever role you take on, you’ll be working as part of a close-knit team to improve the daily lives of the people we care for. You’ll be dedicated to achieving the highest standards and to providing the ultimate in customer service. You will also be flexible, reliable and love working as part of a team.
As a Laundry Assistant you’ll launder and iron our residents’ clothing to the highest standards, putting it away tidily and ensuring wardrobes and drawers are always clean and neat.
- Carry out all cleaning duties as directed by the Head Housekeeper to the required Company standards. Cleaning duties can be in any area of the nursing home.
- Ensure that daily and deep cleaning schedules are adhered to.
- Maintain a high standard of personal presentation and hygiene.
- Ensure that all cleaning equipment is correctly and safely used and kept in a safe condition. Report any defect to the Home Manager.
- Carry out any other reasonable instructions of the Home Manager.
- To be sensitive to the privacy and individual needs of the residents.
- To comply with COSHH regulations.
- To adhere to infection control polices at all times.
- To ensure the correct use of PPE.
- To follow the correct use of colour code systems within the home
- Carry out other ad hoc duties as requested by the Head Housekeeper or Home Manager.
- To ensure all necessary documentation is completed daily.
- To ensure trolley’s are re-stocked at the end of shift and cleaning cupboards are left clean and tidy
Skills & Experience
- Previous cleaning experience
- Ability to communicate on the telephone
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Able to carry out instructions accurately.
- A knowledge of health and safety
- An understanding of infection control
- Flexible and reliable attitude to working arrangements
- Committed to customer care and first class service provision
- Ability to work alone as well as part of a team
- Adaptable, friendly, polite, courteous and caring
- Basic education, including English and Maths
- Where you'll work
The newly opened Priors House care home in Leamington Spa sets a new standard in 24-hour residential and nursing care for older people in the Warwickshire area.
The brand new, purpose-built care home is in Blackdown, just north of Leamington Spa and it provides a wide range of quality care services under one roof.
As well as delivering residential and nursing care services, the experienced team also provide short term respite care (minimum two-week stay) plus expert care for people living with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia. The team also provides the very best in palliative care and end of life care. Offering such a wide range of care means that our compassionate and highly trained team is able to care for your loved one as their needs change.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.