Laundry Assistant Bank
- Job Reference
- Dagenham, Essex
- Job Description
- Job Copy
Care UK is one of the UK’s leading providers of health and social care services. Join our Hotel Services team and you’ll be playing a vital part in making residents’ lives better on a daily basis.
Whatever role you take on, you’ll be working as part of a close-knit team to improve the daily lives of the people we care for. You’ll be dedicated to achieving the highest standards and to providing the ultimate in customer service. You will also be flexible, reliable and love working as part of a team.
As a Laundry Assistant you’ll launder and iron our residents’ clothing to the highest standards, putting it away tidily and ensuring wardrobes and drawers are always clean and neat.
- Carry out all cleaning duties as directed by the Head Housekeeper to the required Company standards. Cleaning duties can be in any area of the nursing home.
- Ensure that daily and deep cleaning schedules are adhered to.
- Maintain a high standard of personal presentation and hygiene.
- Ensure that all cleaning equipment is correctly and safely used and kept in a safe condition. Report any defect to the Home Manager.
- Carry out any other reasonable instructions of the Home Manager.
- To be sensitive to the privacy and individual needs of the residents.
- To comply with COSHH regulations.
- To adhere to infection control polices at all times.
- To ensure the correct use of PPE.
- To follow the correct use of colour code systems within the home
- Carry out other ad hoc duties as requested by the Head Housekeeper or Home Manager.
- To ensure all necessary documentation is completed daily.
- To ensure trolley’s are re-stocked at the end of shift and cleaning cupboards are left clean and tidy
Skills & Experience
- Previous cleaning experience
- Ability to communicate on the telephone
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Able to carry out instructions accurately.
- A knowledge of health and safety
- An understanding of infection control
- Flexible and reliable attitude to working arrangements
- Committed to customer care and first class service provision
- Ability to work alone as well as part of a team
- Adaptable, friendly, polite, courteous and caring
- Basic education, including English and Maths
- Where you'll work
At Cherry Orchard we love providing a service which is unique to everyone.
Cherry Orchard is an attractive, purpose-designed care home set in a leafy residential area of Dagenham in Essex. We provide personalised nursing and respite care for older people, including individuals living with Alzheimer's, other types of dementia and mental health support needs. We also offer compassionate end of life care.
At Cherry Orchard, we take a very personal approach to caring for residents – we give each person a say in all decisions about their care and we also involve family members too. Every member of our dedicated team is committed to providing a high standard of care. You’ll find that we all have a very positive, friendly attitude and that this creates a warm, welcoming atmosphere where residents feel settled.
Residents’ rooms are light, airy and spacious, with en-suite toilet and washbasin, stylish furniture, a 24-hour nurse call system and phone and television connections. Some also look out onto our attractive gardens. The home is conveniently arranged on one level, making it easy for wheelchair users to get around.
The home is located in a very close-knit community - everyone who works here is local to Dagenham and most residents have lived around here for many years too. Our shared experiences of living and working in the area make it easy for us to build strong friendships with residents and their families. And we're always available to provide support or a listening ear when it’s needed.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.