- Job Reference
- Job Copy
HR Manager – London
Competitive Salary, including car allowance & benefits
Great opportunity for a HR professional to join a company who are continuously developing and successfully evolving. Our recent achievements have included opening 31 homes in the last five years with a further 26 homes due to open in the next three years taking the portfolio to over 130 homes. Care UK are a multi award winning company where people are at the heart of what we do. We are proud and grateful to have received several awards for our commitment and passion in delivering an outstanding level of residential and nursing care with real focus on engagement with residents and fulfilling lives.
The HR Manager will report in to the Head of HR and will be accountable for providing a professional, commercially focussed and legally compliant HR service within aligned regions. This role will be supporting areas for South and North London.
The role is a multi-site generalist role, responsible for implementing the people plan with Regional Directors, increasing opportunities to be an employer of choice, providing internal opportunities to grow our own talent and proactively manage performance. The HR Manager who looks to join our progressive business will be someone who can confidently demonstrate effective leadership whilst work with a collaborative approach.
- Attend talent reviews to create plans to retain, develop, identify future pipeline and highlight risks, ensure succession plans are in place for all roles, supporting RDs to implement
- Launch and embed new initiatives delivered by central HR team, with ops stakeholder input, to ensure success and drive retention and recognition culture e.g. overseas nurse induction, NVQs, apprenticeships etc., to become employer of choice
- Pro-actively manage performance management with RDs, providing coaching and training where required
- Work with RDs to communicate and embed plans created from outputs of engagement survey results, exit interviews, HR Dashboard, regularly reviewing and communicating activities and results.
- Drive recognition across operations and driving a culture of reward and recognition
- Ensure all new starters receive appropriate induction and training to set them up for success e.g. Care Certificate, and that regular reviews are in place to monitor and check their knowledge and putting learning into practice.
- Ensure operational excellence in all HR activities, processes and transactions
- Provide insight from Operations to HRBP to shape the requirements in areas such as management development, reward and recognition to remain employer of choice
- Point of escalation for Home Managers and RDs on all HR activities including ER, talent management, succession and resource planning, attending RDs ops meetings monthly
Skills & experience required:
- Proven experience in generalist HR and people development within an operational environment
- Ability to manage both the commercial business objectives and HR agenda in order to achieve the most appropriate outcomes for the business and HR
- Proven written, verbal and presentation skills
- Knowledge of UK employment law and experience of dealing with complex employee relations issues
- Ability to plan and prioritise effectively utilising the full level of resource options available to achieve own and business objectives
- Well-developed analytical skills to evaluate, assess and interpret trends in order to support and develop business plans
- Ability to identify creative solutions to problems and people challenges
- Under pressure, ability to maintain high levels of energy and resilience to "make things happen"
- Flexible and able to adapt to change quickly
- Collaborative approach with colleagues and teams
- Driving license and own transport is essential due to the locations of the role
For more information please get in touch with Grace on- Grace.Shaughnessy@careuk.com / 07580016381
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.