- Job Reference
- Dorking, Surrey
- Job Description
- Job Copy
To manage the administrative procedures within the home alongside the Home Manager and to provide reception cover, promoting the unit and company to potential customers, appropriate authorities and colleagues in a pleasant, caring and professional manner.
Responsible To Home Manager
- To receive all residents/visitors to the unit in a pleasant efficient manner. Ensuring that the Visitors Book is completed and the appropriate person is notified of their arrival.
- To ensure that the reception area creates a positive first class impression, that it is tidy, welcoming and clean with up to date information available.
- To answer the telephone promptly and deal with enquiries in a helpful, courteous and welcoming manner, being aware of the need to maintain confidentiality at all times regarding staff and residents.
- Liaise and build relationships with relatives, residents, professional service providers and other visitors.
- Comfort relatives at times of distress ensuring that they receive privacy and empathy.
- Undertake the position of appointee for residents without a living next of kin or any other person willing to accept the responsibility.
- To perform secretarial/clerical duties as required by the Unit Manager
- To ensure all correspondence received is date stamped and receives prompt attention.
- To ensure that the Unit's filing system is maintained accurately and promptly.
- To ensure that when absent from the workplace key individuals are up to date with the location of files, equipment, contact details of relevant people/agencies in order to provide a seamless service.
- To provide administrative and clerical support and other support as may be requested from time to time by the Unit Manager and other Senior Personnel.
- Undertake purchase ledger responsibilities including ordering, reconciliation of delivery notes and payment of invoices.
- Undertake sales ledger responsibilities including:
- Nursing/Personal Care is in place in a timely manner
- Manage petty cash, resident’s monies and staff lunch monies.
- Deposit/cash monies as required at the designated bank.
- Undertake credit control – chasing debts and late payments.
- Where necessary in accordance with Company Guidelines ensure that private resident's billing accounts are accurate and up-to-date.
- To provide all information that may be required by the Head Office Finance Department, in particular all information required for the production of monthly accounts.
- Maintain training records for both mandatory and regulatory requirements.
- Undertake checks on PIN numbers, Visa expiry dates and CRB checks on the required renewal dates.
- Order uniforms and badges where they are in use.
- Advise employees on HR policy or where to find information.
- Understand the benefits associated with working with Care UK and be able to explain them to new members of the team.
- Ensure that all new members of the team complete their induction.
- Ensure that all end of probation interviews are carried out, paperwork is completed and records update.
- To accurately record and up-date information on personnel record files.
- To assist the Unit Manager with the recruitment of staff using the Company’s Candidate Management System, ensuring that the process is followed accurately and takes into account relevant legislative requirements with regard to discrimination.
- Ensure that all pre-employment checks are undertaken and that all prospective employees are fit to work in accordance with CQC regulations and Company policy
- To effectively manage all people data using the company’s business systems.
Skills & Experience
- Using an HR or payroll system
- Recruitment and selection
- Using Microsoft Office applications
- Experience of working in a nursing and residential care environment in an administrative capacity
- GCSEs (or equivalent) including English and Maths
- Where you'll work
We offer high quality care and an attractive location in a lovely village.
Stanecroft care home is set in the attractive village of North Holmwood near Dorking in Surrey. We offer residential and respite care to older people who are living with Alzheimer's and other forms of dementia.
Our friendly, highly skilled team is very experienced in caring for older people with a range of needs. We get to know each resident extremely well, so that we can create personalised care plans that take into account their individual experiences, interests and aspirations. Our aim is for each person to lead a happy and fulfilling life that’s as active and independent as possible. As well as planning regular activities for residents, we encourage and support them to take part in the day-to-day life of the home in any way they wish, which might mean laying tables for dinner, baking cakes for everyone to enjoy or watering plants.
Stanecroft has a warm, friendly atmosphere and relatives’ families and friends are always welcome. The home is tastefully decorated, with light and airy rooms and living areas, and our gardens are fully accessible and secure, so that residents who are living with dementia can explore them independently.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.