- Job Reference
- Job Copy
Relief Manager-Greater London
Are you looking to join a leading healthcare provider who is growing successfully year after year, through the development of new care homes and proudly voted as best residential care provider of the year in 2017?
The role of Relief Manager is to provide Home Manager expertise to a specific Care UK care home as required by the business. To take responsibility for all aspects of the day to day running of the care home as requested in order to achieve an industry leading standard whilst working with all internal and external stakeholders. Providing dedicated and focused support to homes that require temporary support and promoting an environment which provides residents with specialised person centred care.
At Care UK everyone makes a difference. We like to think we have a rare culture, where we are open and honest and highly supportive of one another. Care UK are renowned for having one of the best support structures where we work together to strive forward to deliver the best quality of care, working together to make things better. We are an award winning company where people are at the heart of what we do. We are proud and grateful to have received several awards over the years for our commitment and passion in delivering an outstanding level of residential and nursing care with real focus on engagement with residents and fulfilling lives.
What makes Care UK different?
- We appreciate managing a home is a difficult job. We pride ourselves on our people and teams throughout the business, ensuring all our managers get an excellent level of support. Visible operations team, internal governance, regional clinical support, training and development- the right people in the right places
- We are proud to promote an open and honest culture with a strong personality
- People are at the heart of what we do, working with a person centred approach
- Recognition and reward, career development, valuing our people. Care UK are all about fulfilling lives
Why choose us?
- Support and structure- with such a good operations team you will not be alone
- We are experts in our fields. With 120 homes and day clubs across the UK, we provide expert respite, residential, nursing, dementia and end-of-life care for older people.
- Career development- our person centred approach has seen us enjoy rapid growth and we now have a new build program set for the next coming years. We can offer exceptional career opportunities to people who care as passionately as we do
- Comprehensive training in topics such as managing business performance, systems training, leading projects and driving change
- We offer one of the best benefits packages in the market including a generous bonus
- Pension and life assurance schemes
- Bank holiday enhancements
- Child care vouchers and much more
- Act as Home Manager in the absence of an existing manager when required within a specified region
- Work closely with the Regional Director and regional support team to provide interim management on which the care home team can rely
- Build and maintain good relationships with the regional team and develop knowledge of each care home as each relief manager assignment is undertaken
- To establish a relationship with internal and external stakeholders as deemed necessary and maintain good communication channels
- Work with the Management Team to support a competent and highly driven team within the care home; providing the climate which allows support and to develop the team effectively
- To liaise closely with all Regulatory bodies in order to build effective relationships. Ensure any requests for information from such Regulatory bodies are responded to promptly
- To support colleagues within our homes to develop the knowledge and expertise required to deliver care in accordance with best practice advice & guidance and to ensure effective service delivery.
- Contribute to the local marketing plan for the wider home from the perspective of the unit for which you are responsible and ensure that this is implemented in order to achieve agreed occupancy and fee rates for the service and to add value to services provided to increase revenue potential
- Achieve agreed financial targets by maintaining required level of revenue (occupancy and fee levels) and ensuring the most efficient and effective management of resources.
- Build positive customer relationships, applying a proactive approach to understanding customer needs, developing effective partnership working through joint initiatives and utilisation of available resources, then delivering continuous service improvement as a result
- Effectively manage risk to ensure compliance with standards and customer safety at all times
- To drive and support the home in the selection, recruitment, induction, retention and development of all staff in accordance with legislation and company guidelines.
- To liaise with recruitment to ensure appropriate numbers and skills mix of staff to meet the requirements of the service
- Manage complaints and concerns appropriately and effectively in accordance with Company Policy.
- Understand and implement Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults policies and procedures.
- Ensure effective communication and dissemination of information on a regular basis using various methods to all stakeholders and staff.
- Ensure that effective measures are taken to adequately protect the safety and welfare of service users, visitors and staff.
- Maintain an awareness of changes in the care environment
- Ensure timely liaison with the HR team concerning employee matters relating to employment legislation and associate policies and procedures and People Strategy
- Work with the HR team to ensure the principles of equality and diversity are upheld
- Support the relevant Regional Director in planning, managing and implementing the proposed development plan for the specified care home
- Promote, share and sustain best practice business methods at all times
- Drive continuous improvement and implement agreed innovations and technological advances where appropriate
- Experienced in caring for older people with complex support needs
- Capable and confident in inspiring leadership to growing teams
- Experienced in managing successful homes
- Confident in your knowledge of CQC regulations
- Compassionate and capable in embedding your own culture
- Passionate about delivering first class care
- A positive leader and motivator
- Capable of hitting the ground running. From your first day you will demonstrate a clear vision of the future and will deliver added value services that make us indispensable to our residents and unequalled in our sector
- Ideally holding or would like to work towards an NVQ Level 5 in Management or equivalent qualification
For more information and details please get in touch with Tara Connor in the recruitment team on 07580 594031 / email@example.com
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.