Regional Facilities Manager
- Job Reference
- Job Copy
Regional Facilities Manager- South East
The in-house Facilities Management team at Care UK are looking for an exceptional Regional Facilities Manager to cover 30 care homes that look after almost 2,000 residents located in the south of the country in the area falling between Oxford, Bournemouth and Eastbourne.
Care UK is one of the UKs marketing leading healthcare providers who are building and opening more new homes than any other provider in the UK. Our current portfolio of nursing and residential services is over 120 homes across the country and our consistent track record has seen us open 31 new build homes in the last five years. Our ambitious and progressive vision combined with our successful business growth will see the completion of many more homes for the foreseeable future.
The Regional Facilities Manager will report direct into the Head of Facilities Management and work closely with the Property Helpdesk and other support teams. At Care UK we all work together to make a difference. We work passionately to ensure we deliver person centred care and for residents to lead fulfilling lives.
The ideal Facilities Manager will have a proven track record and experience working within facility management within Hard FM, with an emphasis on mechanical, building and electrical disciplines. Building strong relationships with home managers and contractors is essential, therefore good communications skills are key.
The successful Facilities Manager will work as part of the FM team supporting our care homes across the south region in managing and delivering all aspects of planned, reactive and cyclical maintenance. The Facilities Manager will also assist on minor works projects within a regional area, working within agreed budgets to ensure the existing estate is maintained efficiently and effectively; whilst also ensuring we are compliant with all statutory obligations and company objectives.
Ideal experience and attributes:
- A minimum of 5 years management experience of operations and maintenance in facilities or property services
- Previous experience in a multi-site business
- A facilities manager with technical, mechanical and electrical experience
- Experience within the care home sector is desirable but not essential
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Possess a firm understanding of health and safety principles.
- Ability to build partnerships
- Proactive approach to stakeholder, client and customer management
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Able to exercise budgetary control
- Project management experience
- Excellent leadership and motivational skills based on demanding yet fair expectations of individuals
- Customer focused with the ability to manage client, user and co-workers’ expectations
- Proactive ability to embrace change initiatives
- Good prioritise skills
- Initiative and creativity in resolving operational issues and realising strategic long term goals
- Team player with a desire to achieve the overall success of the Property and Facilities Department
- Be the principal point of contact and liaison for all “Clients”, Regional Directors, Home Managers etc. Act as the “Facilities” partner to Regional Directors.
- Ensure good key stakeholder management, understanding stakeholder requirements and convert this understanding into influencing department strategy, process and systems.
- Undertake regular reviews of the maintenance service and actively ensure the assets are being fully maintained to agreed standards and departmental protocols, this includes, and where appropriate, works are correctly placed and programmed with the home maintenance operative.
- Assist the Facilities Management team with the development and implementation a dynamic planned preventative maintenance system of management for all property assets, plant and equipment, including regular monitoring and trend analysis and life cycle planning with a view to influencing the planning and budget control of an elemental replacement programme.
- Plan and undertake regular inspections of the homes ensuring all homes have an up to date Property Inspection Report and all consequential actions are monitored and successfully managed out through programming and utilising the most agreed supply chain route
- Receive reports from appointed third party consultants, monitor and report on level of activity and take full responsibility for planning and execution of all actions using the most appropriate solution.
- Manage, monitor and report on, and drive good supply chain performance at home level whilst acting as the point of escalation for issues.
- Represent Facilities Management department at home meetings with external bodies as and when required, including local authorities, CQC, Insurance Inspections etc. Report on the level of activity and take full responsibility for planning and execution of all actions using the most appropriate solution.
- Health and Safety - offer assistance and guidance on matters related to health and safety, and regarding the environment, buildings, grounds etc
- Undertake periodic inspections and conformance checks and produce detailed and accurate reports on the following property-related issues for each of the Homes within the geographical area consigned: Compliance documentation/folders; Quality of work undertaken by in-house labour and external suppliers; Audit the repairs recording process and records to ensure correct use;; Ensure asset registers are produced and updated; Ensure periodic servicing certificates and CAFM certificates are up to date.
- Undertake regular spot checks to various equipment, rooms, services etc (e.g. water temperature controls, COSHH compliance etc) to identify areas which require immediate action/attention.
- Control the management of expenditure in line with a dynamic budget whilst ensuring required standards and quality are adhered to.
- Provide planning, technical advice to Operations teams and manage the delivery of minor capital work schemes within agreed budgets and standards and ensuring full legal compliance. ‘Minor’ being projects of a non-complex nature, not involving landlord or local authority consents.
- Promote effective regular dialogue with all co-workers and support and communicate with Regional directors and Home staff including representing Property and Facilities Management department at both regional and home meetings and external meetings as and when required.
- Be the point of escalation for ‘out of hours’ emergencies.
- Understand and ensure the implementation of the Company’s Health and Safety policy, Emergency & Fire Evacuation Procedure and Disaster Recovery Plan. Promote and monitor safe working practice.
- Undertake formal integration of capital asset or significant R&R project works between project team and FM. Ensure asset registers are kept up to date, O&M manuals and certificates provided, snagging signed off to FM satisfaction and DLP monitoring
- Take lead role in developing supplier relationship and undertake ‘Subject Matter Point Roles’ across allocated areas including water hygiene, lifts, laundry, catering, fire, alarm call systems, M&E and building fabric
For more information please get in touch with Tara Connor on 07580 594031 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.