Senior Co-ordinator - Assistant Service Manager
- Job Reference
- Job Copy
The purpose of this role is to deputise for the Service Manager in their absence and efficiently manage the provision of care within the community in line with key performance indicators, regulatory and legislative requirements and Care UK policies and procedures. The job holder is required to actively manage and organise workload within the unit to ensure that care is delivered in line with contract specifications and quality standards. This role also requires strong and productive relationships to be built with customers and staff to ensure that care is specifically planned and delivered to meet the needs of customers.
- To take full service responsibility in the absence of the Service Manager
- Provide leadership and support for the coordination team and care staff
- To manage the quality and continuity of care co-ordination to ensure effective use of allocated carers
- Assist in the accurate and appropriate matching of carers and service users
- Assist in the resolution of any problems that may arise between carers and service users in the course of service provision
- To maintain skills and knowledge and ensure that care is delivered according to latest guidelines and best practice evidence available.
- Ensure that clear and accurate records and communication systems relating to care delivery are maintained and effectively used by staff
- The management of events through the business operating system to meet legislative, regulatory and policy requirements
- To manage and monitor the achievement of care delivery KPI’s
- Review and evaluate care delivery to ensure an effective service is maintained at all times
- To remotely support the ColdHarbour system, providing wraparound service hours and respond positively to emergencies to ensure all visits are covered
- Participate as required in the on call rota (as a minimum one weekend per month)
- To participate in the delivery of care packages to maintain the integrity and continuity of the service when required
- To communicate positively with The Borough of Poole Brokerage Department
- At all times observe Care UK’s policy in relation to confidentiality
- Where you'll work
Our aim is to help older people to live happier, healthier and more fulfilling lives
We have been providing high quality care for older people for 30 years. Today our 120-plus residential care homes enable more than 7,000 people to continue living active and independent lives in warm, safe and comfortable surroundings. Personalised care is at the heart of what we do. Many of our homes deliver a comprehensive range of care under one roof, including nursing, respite and dementia care. We appreciate that no two residents are the same, so our compassionate and experienced nurses and carers ensure that each person receives care that’s tailored to their unique needs, personality and wishes.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.