Unit Manager Care
- Job Reference
- Colchester, Essex
- Job Description
- Job Copy
Unit Manager Care £11 per hour + benefits
As a Unit Manager for our Residential Suite at Silversprings in Thorrington, you will be an integral part of our leadership team managing your own team of Care Assistants and focusing on providing high quality care to our residents. With fantastic training alongside a great pay rate from day one, Care UK will provide you with great career progression.
Working as a Unit Manager, you will be responsible for leading the care team during their day to day task, ensuring that a safe, effective and efficient care service is maintained. We are looking for an experienced care professional with great leadership skills. If this is you, apply now!
- Ensure that clear and accurate records and communication systems relating to care delivery are maintained and effectively used. This includes the care plans for each of the residents in your unit.
- Supervise care staff on a day to day basis and through formal supervision processes.
- Liaise with GPs and other health professionals to ensure that residents receive the medical and clinical support they require.
- Support new Team Leaders and Care staff in the completion of induction programs, training and competency assessment
- Review the daily delivery of care, including pressure area prevention, nutrition and infection prevention and control procedures. Ensure high standards of care delivery are maintained.
- To promote and maintain good interpersonal relationships between staff/residents and staff/relatives.
- To be responsible for the admission of any new residents to the Home for the purpose of assessment/evaluation, and establishment of a good mutual relationship.
- To be responsible for the safe administration and recording of all medication prescribed by the resident's medical practitioner.
- To ensure a safe and comfortable environment for the residents and to make the nursing home as stimulating and attractive to live in as possible.
- Observe requirements of the Mental Health Act 1983 where applicable.
- To attend such training programmes/courses as are available and necessary to keep up to date and further existing knowledge.
- It may be necessary to assist in the recruitment of staff for the home as directed by the Home Manager and in accordance with the Company's procedures.
- Where you'll work
Silversprings is a beautiful, modern luxury care home in Thorrington, set in stunning surroundings near Colchester in Essex.
Silversprings care home delivers a range of quality care for older people. Staff in our care home are specialists in caring for older people with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia and even undertake special experiential training to gain a greater understanding of what life is like for people living with the condition.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.